How do I stop the Facebook app from crashing on my Galaxy Tab 3?

iamjustin123

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it running.

You guys know you don't have to go back all the way to 3.5, right? That software is practically archaic compared to the newer versions.

fgrandt

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Last week I opened a ticket with Samsung on my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210) for the same problem. I sent the device in and they ‘updated the firmware’. When it was returned it was wiped clean. I spent probably two hours installing required ‘software updates’ and then reinstalling a handful of applications. Once finished the Facebook app behaved much better but still randomly crashes. So, it is not fixed. The crash is unpredictable so using it for Facebook is a crap shoot.

Huddy13

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue fgrandt and the Service centre worked on it TWICE with no improvement - see my previous post. Earlier versions can be downloaded and I am now running 13.0.0.13.14 same as Justin (thanks mate) with no problems whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

fgrandt

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I reported back to Samsung that the firmware update they installed helped, but did not completely fix the Facebook crash problem. While waiting hear back from them I removed the current Facebook version and installed Version 13.0.0.13.14. This seems to have fixed the issue. But this begs the question, what is the root cause of the problem? And, how will those of us who installed an older version of Facebook know when the issue is fixed and we can again join the rest of the world running current versions?

iamjustin123

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I reported back to Samsung that the firmware update they installed helped, but did not completely fix the Facebook crash problem. While waiting hear back from them I removed the current Facebook version and installed Version 13.0.0.13.14. This seems to have fixed the issue. But this begs the question, what is the root cause of the problem? And, how will those of us who installed an older version of Facebook know when the issue is fixed and we can again join the rest of the world running current versions?
I guess we'll just find out the hard way and update occasionally then revert back to version 13.x as needed. I'll give it a try later today.

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I still wait anxiously with each FB update for a fix to be delivered. I'm still disappointed with the FB crashes still happening. I have reverted to using Chrome and FB on my Tab 3. It's amazing that FB works just fine on my Samsung G5, but I miss my 10.1 inch screen.

Pizzamn

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I still wait anxiously with each FB update for a fix to be delivered. I'm still disappointed with the FB crashes still happening. I have reverted to using Chrome and FB on my Tab 3. It's amazing that FB works just fine on my Samsung G5, but I miss my 10.1 inch screen.
Did you not try doing previous post mentioned ? Go to play store and turn off auto updates . Go to settings and check , unknown sources so that you will be able to download third party apps . Uninstall Facebook app . Go Google download older version of Facebook app's . Find site that offers all versions of previous Facebook app's , install as normal and enjoy . Don't forget to go back to settings and uncheck unknown sources . Please read last couple of pages here . The 3.5 & 3.7 versions of Facebook our working without crash issue . Peace

Pizzamn

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
:-\ I had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 in for service twice last week and finally on Friday when I picked it up and proved that Facebook was still doing the crash thing they told me about the reverting to version 3.5 which they had been made aware of that day but were not allowed to do it for me. I spent a whole day restoring my other apps and data after a factory reset as a previous indication was that "maybe" my backup restoration was corrupt - hindsight NOT. This morning I found the version 3.5 at "androiddrawer . com" and have installed it and made sure that Playstore is no longer able to auto update. Much happier with my Tab 3 now :)

Pizzamn

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Went to 3.7 Justin, were you able to get any versions beyond that to remain stable?
Older versions of Facebook working . Read here most recent post . Please let us know what device your using that's having Facebook crash issue . Looks like samsung galaxy 3 tab is having most Facebook crash issue . Good luck . Peace

Mighty_Red

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys, good job I checked on here before trying nuclear options! Will instal version 13!

Apart fromthis issue I would say that the tab 3 has worked much better since the update to kitkat, it just seems a bit more responsive, esp in chrome, though the andriod central webpage is still too slow!

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I think I'll just stick with running Facebook in the Browser until either Samsung or Facebook actually fix the problem.

Ho Po

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

In the last 3 weeks my Samsung Galaxy Nexus started to reboot without doing anything. I have performed a factory reset 4 times, I wipe cache partition for 2 times. Whenever I installed my apps, that problem came again. Until I tried to use the phone just with some Google apps. Then, I tried to install one by one until I found it was Facebook app causing this reboot problem. I don't have Facebook app installed since 3 days I my phone never reboot by itself... When FB was installed, an average of 15 minutes to 15 minutes, it was rebooting (so annoying people...).So, I am sure it is Facebook.

I don't know what to do, since a really want to have the app instead of using FB via Chrome...

Did you have the same thing or it's only the app that crashed? Not your phone...

Thanks