How do the Trade-Ins Work?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If I preorder a new S9 from Best Buy how does the trade-in work?

Do I have the phone shipped directly to me and then go in with my receipt and old phone and trade it in for the gift card? How long would I have to do this?

Or do I have to have the phone shipped to the store, pick it up and then at the same time trade in my old phone on the spot? And if shipping to the store do you pay for it then when you pick it up?

Obviously I would prefer the first option as it would give me time to transfer everything to the new phone.

Ideally I would like to apply the gift card to the new phone but I understand you can't do this.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how this works?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Preordering from Samsung, how does the trade in work?

I hope some of you who have had experience with Samsung can answer these questions.

If I preorder a Verizon S9 from Samsung direct, how does the trade in work? Do you mail the old phone back to them after receiving the new phone? Do they give you a box to mail it back like Verizon does?

And, does the money you get from your trade in to Samsung go directly to the cost of the phone (reducing the cost) or is it a credit monthly for 24 months like Verizon?

And one last question, Can the phone be billed to my Verizon account when purchasing directly from Samsung?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Preordering from Samsung, how does the trade in work?

I hope some of you who have had experience with Samsung can answer these questions.

If I preorder a Verizon S9 from Samsung direct, how does the trade in work? Do you mail the old phone back to them after receiving the new phone? Do they give you a box to mail it back like Verizon does?

And, does the money you get from your trade in to Samsung go directly to the cost of the phone (reducing the cost) or is it a credit monthly for 24 months like Verizon?

And one last question, Can the phone be billed to my Verizon account when purchasing directly from Samsung?

Usually you send in the phone after you get your phone.

Also no it cannot be billed to your Verizon account if you buy from Samsung. Verizon wants you to buy from them. They aren't going to finance a phone you buy from someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard