How do you share content on Fire HD8 downloaded from Play Store?

sunnah

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have managed to get Play Store installed on my Amazon Fire 8HD but now I am struggling with getting apps downloaded to share on the child profile from the parents. I tried getting the .apk file. Copy the download to the external SD card and install it from there but I cannot get it to install without errors. Thank you.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I have installed Super Mario Run from the Play Store and it runs normally on the parent account. I tried to install the .apk for it using ES File Manager from the child's account but I keep getting "The package seems to be corrupt." and it is not installed. I have tried various .apk versions.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the child account show Google Play Services as an app? If not, that could be the problem. GPS is a library full of processes that apps call on to install and run.

sunnah

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No I do not have Google Play Services. I installed all those services and Google Play Store on the parent profile of the Amazon Kindle. I downloaded and installed Mario run. Now all that is left is that I need to get it on the Freetime app of the kids profile. If anyone can help or provide insight it will be much appreciated.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it can be done. The ability to share apps on the child's Freetime side only shows apps installed from the Amazon App store.