How do you share content on Fire HD8 downloaded from Play Store?

sunnah

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have managed to get Play Store installed on my Amazon Fire 8HD but now I am struggling with getting apps downloaded to share on the child profile from the parents. I tried getting the .apk file. Copy the download to the external SD card and install it from there but I cannot get it to install without errors. Thank you.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I have installed Super Mario Run from the Play Store and it runs normally on the parent account. I tried to install the .apk for it using ES File Manager from the child's account but I keep getting "The package seems to be corrupt." and it is not installed. I have tried various .apk versions.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the child account show Google Play Services as an app? If not, that could be the problem. GPS is a library full of processes that apps call on to install and run.

sunnah

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No I do not have Google Play Services. I installed all those services and Google Play Store on the parent profile of the Amazon Kindle. I downloaded and installed Mario run. Now all that is left is that I need to get it on the Freetime app of the kids profile. If anyone can help or provide insight it will be much appreciated.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it can be done. The ability to share apps on the child's Freetime side only shows apps installed from the Amazon App store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred