How Does the Pixel 2 XL Display Compare to S9+ and Talk Me Into the S9+

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Indeed. They need to build a messaging/video app that has the features of iMessage/FaceTime, works natively across all Android devices yet can be downloaded to iOS devices.

Such functionality might just wake Steve Jobs from the dead scream'n "Ah h*lL no!"

Lol ..true

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Huawei P20 Pro camera is better than the pixel and the galaxy, and it has a really nice samsung OLED screen too.

Heawei device's I was interested in but now with what's going on with security for American customer I'm staying away...that goes for all Chinese phone Makers until they say otherwise...people will say yeah but American company like Google or Apple can spy on you...I rather have them then anyone else

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Heawei device's I was interested in but now with what's going on with security for American customer I'm staying away...that goes for all Chinese phone Makers until they say otherwise...people will say yeah but American company like Google or Apple can spy on you...I rather have them then anyone else
The Chinese government probably don't care what you're doing...

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site

Ridiculous comment.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
And why is that?
As you prolly know, some people feel the following: The US gov't has spread (propoganda?) that there are security concerns where Huawei is concerned.

I, like many others, remain highly skeptical of anything we, US citizens, are being told with regard to other world players. I don't think anyone has to look to deeply at US affairs to see why one might feel that way. I also feel that if Huawei was really any more of a threat to US citizens than any other tech corp or the US gov't itself their equipment/handsets would have already been completely blacklisted at a hardware level on any US network. The fact that that has not happened yet provides this gal with reason to believe it may be more anti-Asia propoganda than anything else. We shall see. Perhaps you have better information than me so that's just my current perspective.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
As you prolly know, some people feel the following: The US gov't has spread (propoganda?) that there are security concerns where Huawei is concerned.

I, like many others, remain highly skeptical of anything we, US citizens, are being told with regard to other world players. I don't think anyone has to look to deeply at US affairs to see why one might feel that way. I also feel that if Huawei was really any more of a threat to US citizens than any other tech corp or the US gov't itself their equipment/handsets would have already been completely blacklisted at a hardware level on any US network. The fact that that has not happened yet provides this gal with reason to believe it may be more anti-Asia propoganda than anything else. We shall see. Perhaps you have better information than me so that's just my current perspective.

How big a threat is Huawei? Idk, maybe not much of one at all but China itself is a threat. As for the US Gov't spreading anti-Asia propaganda I don't agree. Samsung is a South Korean product and there are no worries there. Anti-China propaganda is a possibility but I don't see it that way either. I think the US gov't is just being safe... I see your points and respect your opinions though.

As for rathering Google or Apple spying on me or anyone - I do find that ridiculous. I don't want anyone spying! lol

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
How big a threat is Huawei? Idk, maybe not much of one at all but China itself is a threat. As for the US Gov't spreading anti-Asia propaganda I don't agree. Samsung is a South Korean product and there are no worries there. Anti-China propaganda is a possibility but I don't see it that way either. I think the US gov't is just being safe... I see your points and respect your opinions though.

As for rathering Google or Apple spying on me or anyone - I do find that ridiculous. I don't want anyone spying! lol
When I wrote "anti-Asia propoganda" I should have written "anti-Chinese" propoganda because, you're correct, the US gov't seems to be okay with Asia except for China and, of course, North Korea and I'm going to leave it at that (I don't want to offend any of the beautiful people from those regions).

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

All I'm saying if all the major carrier in us band hewauie and best buy pulling them off the shelf something going on

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Rather meaning no choice

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Rather meaning no choice

There is a choice - don't use it... but I know what ya mean.

(I don't want to offend any of the beautiful people from those regions).

Opinions should never offend... only open up dialogue & who knows maybe a mind or two can be changed(or at least others viewpoints can be seen then courteously disagreed upon). I'm not a fan of NoKo, not one bit, but as with Samsung I'm a product of South Korea ;)

One thing I've found in my short time at these forums is tech(Type of phone, OS, etc...) can get just as bad as politics lol!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is a choice - don't use it... but I know what ya mean.

Opinions should never offend... only open up dialogue & who knows maybe a mind or two can be changed(or at least others viewpoints can be seen then courteously disagreed upon). I'm not a fan of NoKo, not one bit, but as with Samsung I'm a product of South Korea ;)

One thing I've found in my short time at these forums is tech(Type of phone, OS, etc...) can get just as bad as politics lol!

Yeah I don't want this to turn into a political thing or anyone feel offended...I love all tech let's move along on this matter

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I don't want this to turn into a political thing or anyone feel offended...I love all tech let's move along on this matter
You guys got it. Now, all that said...I'm feeling kinda annoyed that I can't easily get a P20 Pro. ...because you know, I NEED another phone.