How does Verizon's lack of launch effect the rest of us?

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The space on my current phone is full so I cannot download any more apps so I want this phone and not really interested in any other phone Verizon is offering. However I will wait. It's only a PHONE for goodness sake.

Having said that, if Verizon does cancel the phone I WILL move to AT&T. I have 3G and live in a 4G area but I don't care about 4G. I have a household member on AT&T and their 3G is good enough for me, so why not a family plan and get ICS on a phone AT&T will offer, or get the Galaxy Note.

In summary it is only a PHONE and one or two years from now something even better will be released..that's the life cycle.

The Nexus won't be canceled, end of story. Also consider doing a factory reset or at least uninstalling some apps for now.

A security issue holding up the release of a phone, that I can understand. But a "software issue"? Like "Google Books won't open Tom Sawyer"? Not so much.

When I say software issue, I mean something a little more serious than that. Something that affects the user experience or usability of the phone.

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
no end of the semester celebration, for me. I just worked hard and turned in all my papers and I was looking forward to getting up early the next morning to stand in line for my next device.

I guess they didn't want to publicly come out with an official release date because they didn't want to make any false promises. they expected lots of delays and didn't want to disappointment anyone. however, that didn't stop us techies from religiously checking our favorite android blogs for a release date for almost 2 entire months. close to every single day on the calendar has been rumored to be the release date, but something keeps delaying the device.

now, verizon has come down to their last straw. if they don't release the device next week, then it's going to be too close to Christmas for them capitalize on the holiday. the general public needs time to find out about the device through advertisements and word of mouth.

I'm hoping that there aren't any long lines at the stores so that I don't have to wait a second longer than I already have made myself wait. But who knows how many people actually read these blogs and maybe the wait has actually increased the demand. If that's the case, then maybe it'll surpass verizon's expectations of what customers really want. and hopefully, they'll carry the next rendition of Google's Nexus. it's no doubt that they left space between the Razr/Rezound release so that there would be no competition.

with all that said, I'm hoping that this thing gets released on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. any longer seems too long. I don't even know why I want this device anymore. after reading several reviews and watching several videos, I feel like I know everything there is to know about the phone already. The only reason I want it now is because I've waited so long for it. okay, it's the only reason, but I am definitely blinded by the wait. With all the delays, I hope that when it's released, it's a flawless device.