How is the battery life on S22?

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used the S21+ for a while and after all the optimizations I've done, pretty happy with the battery life. Considering the regular S22 for the small size but concerned about battery life. If I'm not playing games and use dark theme for everything, how is the battery life based on your experience??

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Seems the 5G radio and screen on time are the two bigger battery drainers. I've had my S22U since Monday last week and so far I'm not noticing any major difference between the S22U and my year old S21U. That said, I'm confident that software updates over the next few months will improve battery performance, because the same did for the S21U. Samsung (and others) typically include CPU/SOC/Radio microcode updates as part of their monthly patches.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The battery life on my S22 ultra is pretty damn good IMO. I can tell you it's better then the fold 3. I still plan on going back to the fold 3, as I still prefer it. I don't have a issue saying what's bad on phones even if it's what I prefer.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My S21 Ultra I could go 2 days before charging and that was with off and on continued use. Got the S22 Ultra and I can't even get through a day on a charge. I've basically **** off everything that's supposed to make this phone great in order to preserve my battery. I'm keeping it for now but if it doesn't calibrate soon on the battery usage I might go back to the S21 Ultra.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's my screen shot from this morning so far. I don't think that's horrible. Let's see similar screen shots from the ones that are getting bad battery life. With my fold 3 with same usage I'd be in the 80% range right now. In happy with this so far.

Edit.. I'm using the best screen resolution also.
07833f55e04cd31e33cf73abbee20f72.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Battery has been good for me... No issues at all with it I'm charging it the next morning.. I'm usually going to bed with like 30% or sometimes a little bit less depending...

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm yet to receive my S22 Ultra. Can you switch off 5G under connections in settings to just search 4g/3g?
I believe that depends on your provider because I recall that was an option for some. I have an unlocked S22U on AT&T, and just like my old AT&T branded N20U, it prevents me from turning off 5G.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is definitely outstanding SOT over 11hrs

Your screen on time says over 11 hours. Your WiFi was not active. Your bluetooth was not active. You didn't use your phone for calls. You were on Tapatalk for 30 minutes, looked at your file manager for 25 minutes and used Google Play store for 19 minutes. Can't see the 2nd page of app usage but let's say whatever's on there adds up to 30 minutes. So basically, you "used" your phone for less than 2 hours yet somehow your screen was on for 11 hours? What am I missing here?

Last edited:

MikeSo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a 4.5 years old OnePlus 5T with 3300 mAh original battery that had lost about 15-20% of its charging capacity, I expected my S22 with 3700 mAh to blow it out of the water batter wise, but so far... nope, feels about the same. Maybe 7-8 hours of active use. A bit disappointed, especially considering my old OnePlus actually charges faster than this new S22 even though it has only 20W (but uses OnePlus's proprietary charger).

One caveat is that I've done installed a lot of apps and messed with settings, and battery drain is often higher during the first week of use for a new phone. Still, this is definitely not a powerhouse in that respect. I now set the battery optimization settings to be more aggressive, will see if that helps.

zoggybottom

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Coming from S21 Ultra to S22 Ultra. It feels like the S22 Ultra battery ends the day with about 10% less than the S21 Ultra did (~15% vs. ~25%). Definitely disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere