How is your batter holding up?

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Regular P8 and as of right now 3h40min of screen on time and have 36% battery left. Granted I only got the phone yesterday so I'm still setting some apps up etc. The first half the day seemed like it was a bit better than my P6.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Pretty unusual day for me as I had a bout of insomnia and was up WAY earlier than I would have like to be. Even still, battery lasted all day ... even with the some of the known battery burning apps I have installed (namely Life360 and FB)

c5af633ce099c7ce11bf40430f52ecbb.jpg

Reactions: harbinger007

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's ok. Can last a day assuming I don't do anything intensive. If I play a game, I notice that the game absolutely chugs on the Pixel 8 Pro whereas it's twice as smooth on the Galaxy S23U. And the battery just tanks when playing games, which is pretty disappointing.

But for non-gaming, it seems to hold up decently.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I've never played any games on my phones so I could never do any kind of testing on battery life on that... Yesterday I think I had 5 hours SOT with a mixed variety of calls music YouTube a lot of browsing bc it was a slow day at work... I had about 38% left when I threw it on the charger to go to sleep.. really really good day for me... I also notice this phone sips on standby way better than any other Google phone..my Fold that is on airplane mode without a SIM it does not beat my P8P on standby..

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My standard is how it is at the end of a 10h work shift. It used to be that I'd be around 50%, occasionally even dip a little below. The 7P was a little better. In the first week of owning this I'm often finishing shifts still in the 70's so pretty happy so far.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I start the day at 5:30 and get about 6 hours alternating between YouTube, Deezer, chrome and Amazon. I always recharge at around 50%, which I hit at around noon.

I would wish that Google had the function my Note 10+ has where it stops charging at 85%, but I remember I'm going to trade this phone in 12 to 24 months from now.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I start the day at 5:30 and get about 6 hours alternating between YouTube, Deezer, chrome and Amazon. I always recharge at around 50%, which I hit at around noon.

I would wish that Google had the function my Note 10+ has where it stops charging at 85%, but I remember I'm going to trade this phone in 12 to 24 months from now.
It's not the same but when I put my P8P on the charger at night, adaptive charging keeps it at about 80% until shortly before my alarm is set to go off. Then it brings the charge up to 100% by the time I hear the alarm. I have a S23U as well and set a routine that does the same thing. But I believe the Samsung allows me to cap charging to 85% outright if I want.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I don't like how Google implemented it since if there's anything I'd like to do to take care of the battery, it would be the ability to cap the charge max.

I don't like charging overnight, and there are whole threads for and against this, but for me, I just don't like the idea that it charges to 100%, drops to 99% then charges again, over and over while I sleep. That just can't be good for the battery (IMO).

I prefer charging to a certain percentage, then putting it in extreme battery saving overnight while I sleep. This year's Pixel has done a wonderful job so far with losing very little charge overnight with this mode activated (1-2% max).

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I don't like how Google implemented it since if there's anything I'd like to do to take care of the battery, it would be the ability to cap the charge max.

I don't like charging overnight, and there are whole threads for and against this, but for me, I just don't like the idea that it charges to 100%, drops to 99% then charges again, over and over while I sleep. That just can't be good for the battery (IMO).

I prefer charging to a certain percentage, then putting it in extreme battery saving overnight while I sleep. This year's Pixel has done a wonderful job so far with losing very little charge overnight with this mode activated (1-2% max).
That's interesting. I was curious how much battery my phones use while sitting idle so I charged both (P8P and S23U) to the same point (82%) last night and didn't touch them until this morning. Both have always on display on and both were connected to WiFi, although the pixel has my SIM in it and the Samsung does not. Not sure if that matters since both are on WiFi. Anyway, after 8 hours the battery in the P8P dropped 9% and the battery in the S23U dropped 7%.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
That is interesting. Mine fluctuates too, which makes me wonder if it's something like background updates or loss of signal overnight. Here's my data from last night.
1000000775.png1000000774.png

Dunno if that 13% the clock used is 13% of the 100% of the battery or 13% of the fraction used in that block of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali