How long, baby how long?

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
So my thunderbolt thinks it's a pirate, YARR, yet another random restart....

How long should i keep a phone that restarts itself, eats batteries like i eat cookies and thinks i am in San Jose, Uraguay? Oh yeah, can't submit this bevause I lost my network connection....

Desperately seeking reasons to not crawl back to the Verizon store and trade the three Thunderduds i bought for my family.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine restarts on average once a day, my son hasn't noticed if his restarts, and my wifes restarts once or twice a week.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine restarts on average once a day, my son hasn't noticed if his restarts, and my wifes restarts once or twice a week.

I would at least take them to the store or maybe call Verizon and let them know what's going on. Maybe they would know something. Once a week wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, but I don't know if I could handle once a day.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine has never restarted. Or if it has, it's done it at a time I haven't noticed it. It does seem odd that the phone would restart so often.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never had my Thunderbolt restart. I would like to believe I'd notice it considering the starting sequence involves a thunder sound.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yours may have rebooted in your sleep, while youre at work, or when you're in the toilet.

You'll know it has rebooted because when you press and hold the home key and view the Recent Apps, they will be gone...cleared out. That's how I know.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Yours may have rebooted in your sleep, while youre at work, or when you're in the toilet.

You'll know it has rebooted because when you press and hold the home key and view the Recent Apps, they will be gone...cleared out. That's how I know.
You can check to see when the last time the device rebooted by going to Settings>>about Phone>>Battery>>>and look at the UP TIME setting. This tells you how long since the last reboot(doesn't matter whether you did it or it did it on it;s own). I'm at 147 hours right now since I rebooted my phone last. I have had a total of one unauthorized reboot since launch day. I check this setting everyday to make sure.

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

Nate1861

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My phone has never rebooted since I got it. I run stock and unrooted so no external factors to cause a reboot. If you're stock and getting random reset, it's probably a bad app or your handset is truly broken.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had it happen, because I didn't root it correctly. The thunderbolt thing does make a good noise.

I've never had my Thunderbolt restart. I would like to believe I'd notice it considering the starting sequence involves a thunder sound.

In all two of three of the listed cases above my phone is with me and I would hear it. probably during sleep too since I don't sleep that heavily. LOL

Since re-rooting, no issues. (My issues was I accidentally hit a key and started a batch before the phone was ready. hahaha):D

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
strange. I've never had a reboot. but you are correct when you state that it could have happened at a time when I had not noticed. here is to hoping we get a fix soon lol. but in any case, I would return or exchange if I were you.

anon(247108)

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
By all means, return the phones. I have a rooted TB running Adrenylyne's 4.4.2 kernel. Also had the new radio for a while and have tried some of the ROMs out there, and have not had an involuntary reboot once.

We are not beta testers, at least I am not, i paid the full subsidized price in exchange for a two-year contract for this phone. In addition, Verizon and HTC are both multi-billion dollar companies and this is not their first rodeo, meaning that by all means, exercise your rights and take the phone back for a new one that works consistently.

I bought two, one for me and one for my wife. Both are rooted and none have rebooted randomly. Not a big sample, but enough to think that something is wrong with yours. Oh and for the record, we love our phones, and being on Verizon (switched from iphones and ATT)/

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, first 4g phone or not, one would expect to have a device that functions as advertised. And random reboot were never advertised :D

I would call VZW and explain or take them back to the store. You do need to be prepared for them to perform a factory reset because they will. Back up everything. And I will say this...The odds seem remote that you would have been unlucky enough to purchase two defective phones at the same time. There are many external variables, such as apps, that could be in play also.

Personally, I have found the TBolt to be a fine device that will only get better with future updates.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87