How much data are you at?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope VZW let's us keep our unlimited data plan! I am at 2.5 GB, with 10 days left in my billing cycle.

I haven't done any heavy streaming or full movie watching, just checking some streaming out.

Did some Slacker, YouTube, watched a few minute of the office.

I'm surprised! On my Blackberry I couldn't get to 2 GB unless I tethered.

How much data are you guys at?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
24 days in to the billing cycle - 130Mb... I have wifi at home and at work.

BB compresses a lot of data, so your data is not as large as the Android.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
MyVerizon shows after 22 days, I've used 11.88 GB of data.
Been watching a lot of video and buying MP3s.
TubeMate is a cool app. Let's you download MP4 videos directly from YouTube streams.

Now if I can get DLNA working with my Wii, then I can watch downloaded videos on my TV.
It sounds like I can use Orb for free as a DLNA client on the Wii.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
11and 13 GB!? I didn't even know that was possible! I have no WiFi use as I don't know where it is yet. :) I'd better look into that.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have today and tomorrow left on my billing cycle and I've used 3.971GB and that's with me using wifi at home and anywhere there might be wifi. I did watch a lot of YouTube yesterday and on Sunday I streamed about half of the Reds game on AtBat TV (it was the free game of the day which was cool since I'm a Reds fan).

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
um...2.3GB. today's the end of my BillingCycle.

on my Evo, i never broke over a GB--and that's with same use of WiFi @ home.

but, now that i've discovered the 'tv shows stream' app, i'm sure that # will be picking up greatly over the upcoming months...

htcdj

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
MyVerizon shows after 22 days, I've used 11.88 GB of data.
Been watching a lot of video and buying MP3s.
TubeMate is a cool app. Let's you download MP4 videos directly from YouTube streams.

Now if I can get DLNA working with my Wii, then I can watch downloaded videos on my TV.
It sounds like I can use Orb for free as a DLNA client on the Wii.

How did you get MyVerizon to work on your Thunderbolt?

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Probably talking about the VZW website. Mine is at 3.9gb, doubled since I switched from my Dinc and my cycle ends tmw. I would have to really use my Dinc to break 2gb.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
some folks are KILLING the data... I need those sitting under a GB to pick up the pace.. I generally use anywhere between 14 to 20 Gb but thats across multiple devices and lots of data tests...

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
0.51GB, 27 of 31 days. I'm a slacker! What can I say, there is wifi at home and work. I live in a non-4G area currently so wifi is definitely faster. If they flip the switch in Austin, I'll be sure to pick up the pace.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
About 500MB 15 days into the cycle. Much higher than my old BB, but obviously nothing in comparison to some folks here! I am on WIFI most of the day at home and work.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the more data people abuse, the quicker Verizon will switch over to tiered.

Blackberry did do a good job at compressing the data. Although android doesn't work of android servers, is there a way for (possibly on verizon's side) to compress the data. Maybe this will help with the data crunch their getting hit with, and heck when tiered data comes that would just mean we'd be getting more data vs the uncompressed way.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
8GB for this month. I used 5GB the first week I got my Thunderbolt. :D

WiFi on at home, but I don't use my phone much there anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle