How much data do you use?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Ive been whizzing away on the internet not paying attention till today checking my data usage. So im curious to ask this question on how much data some of you guys use? I have reached to an all time high with my phone on data usage. 4541mb/4.4gb on 3g speeds & 2011kb on 4g. Im thinking i seriously need to cut back on the usage.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Naw i aint worried. Ive been using easytether. My internet has been down for months since i dont have money for a new router so for now i got to do with my phone. At the moment im not scared about getting caught.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I use about 2.7gb/month on average, but I don't tether much (just when other options aren't available and it's really necessary).

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
2,741,725 sprint 3G data I don't know if that's kb or mb (lol) also I don't teather at all

That's around 2.5GB. They give you the usage in kb. I'm sure some math wizard (I'm just lazy) will chime in and say "NO, that's x.xxGB", but I don't care...You used a little bit of data. Ok, it's 2.6147GB...I just did the math.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Use anywhere between 2 and 8gb. If I am traveling I use closer to 8, but if I'm home, I'm by wifi so I'm mostly on that. Stream a lot of video, don't tether beyond my tablet for Google Reader (which is the same usage as a phone).

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I was averaging between 1.8 and 2.3 gigs on my Optimus. I'm sure it'll increase a bit, and some will move to 4G usage, considering I just got my eVo today so I'll be playing with it quite a bit over the next couple weeks.

I use hotspot, too, so just so long as I keep an eye on it after the beginning of October I'll be fine.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I hear sprint is going to start monitoring and possibly enforcing the 5gb soft cap on tethering starting in October. I know, I know, "scare tactics" and all that, but I'd hate to get hit with a huge bill. I don't tether much anyway, just to use my tablet when I want what is essentially a bigger screen for my phone.

Our data will stay unlimited, tethering isn't technically supposed to be.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah true the tethering isnt supposed to but oh well... Sprint wont be able to keep up with the upkeep of people tethering without the plan.