How to Add 18+ App to Kids' Tablet?

chrisw24

Feb 15, 2022
Visit site
I just bought new tablets for my kids:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Android Version 11

I set each tablet up under my kids names. They are 8 yo and 10 yo. I also set up parental monitoring via Family Link on my phone so they need to ask me to install any apps and I can monitor their usage, etc.

An app they use all the time is the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App, which for some reason is rated 18+. I tried installing this app from Google Play store but every time I do, I get an instant message "Something went wrong. Try again." I don't get this message on any other apps unless they are 18+ (I tested another 18+ app and same thing happened).

So what can I do to get around this? Also, I tried adding myself as user or profile under Settings -> Accounts and backup, but was unable. My son is listed as administrator, but when I click 'Add user or profile', I get a message prompt: "Action not allowed. You do not have permission to perform this action. Contact your organizations IT administrator for more information."

Thanks in advance for any help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open Family Link, then select one of the kids you manage and tap View. Then under Content Restrictions, select Google Play, then Apps & Games. Make sure Adults Only or Allow All is selected.

chrisw24

Feb 15, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the help B. Diddy but this didn't work. I actually already had done this just to get the app to show up in the Google Play store. The problem is I see it in the Google Play store but when I click to install, I just get an instant message "Something went wrong. Try again." Note that this happens with any app rated 18+. Also, it is happening on both of the new tablets I just set up... one for my 8yo, the other for my 10yo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174