( How - To : CM7 to SDcard with easy updating)

tdogg0413

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Stuck at Gapps installation!

I've been trying this method as well, I got the card to work, but I am getting stuck at the Gapps install. I load it onto the SD card, pop it in, boot to recovery, it goes through the whole process, then looks for the Gapps install, says it can't find it, and delets the zip file.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

See Update below:

I realized my "stupid" mistake! Evergreen's guide sends a link to the "Gapps" zip to install. When I clicked on the link, I blindly saved it, and kept trying to install it. After starting over from scratch, I realized Evergreen's link to Gapps is just another link to CM7 (hence the reason I was getting the "Gapps installer not found" message....foread slap now!)

Last edited:

bjadams44

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Google apps vanish on next use

I installed CM7 using an 8 gig class 6 and everything seemed to go well. Installed Google apps and rebooted to recovery. Everything seemed to go perfectly as market and all the apps I installed were there. Later I shut down and took out the card. The next time I put the card in and restarted I got the CM7 screen and icons with no market or apps.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for the great work.

Quick update: I found that the market and you tube apps are still there just no shortcuts showing on the desktop. I reinstalled shortcuts but the button that brings you to all the apps has changed to a star????

Last edited:

tdogg0413

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed CM7 using an 8 gig class 6 and everything seemed to go well. Installed Google apps and rebooted to recovery. Everything seemed to go perfectly as market and all the apps I installed were there. Later I shut down and took out the card. The next time I put the card in and restarted I got the CM7 screen and icons with no market or apps.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for the great work.

Quick update: I found that the market and you tube apps are still there just no shortcuts showing on the desktop. I reinstalled shortcuts but the button that brings you to all the apps has changed to a star????

The Star is just an empty space where you can put an app to reside on the dock. If the "app drawer" label is no longer there, you can change the behavior. I personally use the swipe down method to open the app drawer: Go to Settings--ADW Launcher--General Behavior--Swipe Down actions---then change to open/close app drawer. You can then add other apps to your dock.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The sttar is just an empty space where you can put an app to reside on the dock. If the "app drawer" label is no longer there, you can change the behavior. I personally use the swipe down method to open the app drawer: Go to Settings--ADW Launcher--General Behavior--Swipe Down actions---then change to open/close app drawer. You can then add other apps to your dock.

You can get the launcher back by going to menu-add-launcher actions-launcher actions --- it will add a launcher icon on your desktop. You can drag it down to where the star is.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I shall never understand why people seem to feel that they need to dig up a dead thread from 3 months ago... -_-

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans