How to configure Phone Number Favorites on my Samsung Note 4?

Douglas Yarnold

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having trouble configuring Phone Number Favorites. I Google'd it on line, and read that I should highlight a contact, and then click on the Star on the top of the screen. However, I don't see any star on the top of the page. I'm using the most current OS on my Note 4.
Suggestions?

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
If you open a contact, the first screen will have a star at the top next to the edit pencil icon. It walk be greyed out. Tap on the star and it should change to gold. Gold color that is. When you return to contact list you will see a good star on that contacts avatar. You can also do it when editing a contact. Scroll down to "Groups" in the contact edit screen, tap on it. A pop up menu will give you a list of groups to choose from. Tap on "Starred in Android". This will also add it to your favorites list. You can select as many groups for a contract as you want. When that pop up menu for groups appears you can also create groups you want by tapping the "create" button at the top and making your own group.

Posted via Android Central App

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
One more thing, all contacts default to the "My Contact" Group. You will see it is checkmarked and greyed out on the "Group Selection" menu

Posted via Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
f6c17c645677dccb2130ccceefbb085e.jpg

Running lollipop. ...tap to open the contact icon.

See the star above? That's how you configure your favorites. ...VERY EASY

The Real Joe Brooks

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a star in my Contacts, either, nor does my Contacts app look like the one pictured in one of the posts below (there is no Favorites). However, I was still able to add a contact to Favorites successfully. The method for doing it is below.

Open Contacts. There is a Group button next to the search bar. Click the Group button. Find the group titled "Starred in Android". Add to this group the contact you want to be in Favorites. When you go to view Favorites, such as from the S Window screen, the contact will then show up there. Hope this helps.