How to Escape the Force Close Loop of Hell

kipnukmals

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
First, i will assume we are talking about the removable sd card. So i have installed this update file to the sd card but it still doesnt find it. This update.zip file is a zip file that has not been extracted(correct?) My fascinate is rooted or was rooted prior to this error loop beginning. Will root make a difference? i have used the one click root as well as the command prompt version of the root process.

kipnukmals

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
yes i have done everything according to the cory streater post on how to recover from the "error loop ". Last night i also tried to root phone again using the "cmd prompt method" and at the very last step
( copy/paste "adb shell " ) of flashing the sd card the prompt shows an error message " device not found ". It is all very puzzleing to me. I guess i will keep searching for the answer, thanks for your help

kipnukmals

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I just want to thank Cory for this valuable information. I finally got it to work after a couple of days, no fault of the instructions, but just my stupidity. ( i have downloaded quite a few update.zip files over the past couple of days and was flashing the wrong one to the sd card). This process does work. I would also like to thank the people who responded to my original cry for help. Thanks again to all.

Reactions: cjmiller1973

zeiroe

Nov 7, 2009
www.serpents-guild.com
Cory ... thank you for sharing this ... I traded my Droid X today for a Fascinate (wife jacked my fascinate yesterday and gave me her DroidX). It was all hacked up all wrong and woes me trying to get back to stock after wiping and using odin. The nand you linked worked like a charm =D

I want to start a vote that the thread title be changed to:

Howto: Defeat the Sith Lord in your phone "force closing" all your appz

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Lol, thanks and I'm glad it worked! I remember the overwhelming feeling of frustration I felt when my Fascinate was FC looping, and it was not good at all.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Cory ... thank you for sharing this ... I traded my Droid X today for a Fascinate (wife jacked my fascinate yesterday and gave me her DroidX). It was all hacked up all wrong and woes me trying to get back to stock after wiping and using odin. The nand you linked worked like a charm =D

I want to start a vote that the thread title be changed to:

Howto: Defeat the Sith Lord in your phone "force closing" all your appz

i lol'd at that one.

little darth vaders in my phone waving their hands at my apps :p

RuranLD

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You, sir, are my savior. Just when i was on the verge of raging because i could not stop the FC i got a link to your guide. Ilu.

Alexgsp

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
worked, but now it says my internal memory "available - 0.00b". since it is at 0, i cant install root explorer to see whats going on. Can anyone help me with this?

frenzifun

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
did exactly what you said, and now i would like to buy you a stripper for a day =].
XDA didnt have the answer for me, but you did, appreciate it man.
any idea for a good lagfix tho? just dont say voodoo... lol

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the stripper! Honestly, I've kept my distance from these so called "lag fixes". Aside from better Quadrant scores, I've failed to see how it's really benefited anyone. If you are truly having lag, you're better of looking at which 3rd party apps might be contributing to the problem or other variables. Feel free to list them here.

frenzifun

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
ugh.... ran into issues after doing what you said....

only thing that doesnt work now is my phone memory which is on 0.00 which i read and you apparently have to root the phone all over again???

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay for this problem, I think you need to do this now, which shouldn't be that big of a deal since we have a 1-click root available in the sticky.

Oh, and I can't say for sure, but step 1 seems redundant. I would think you could start at step 2.

a_j92

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
when i press start in odin nothing happens...i checked the pda box and selected the cwmrecovery file
what am i doing wrong?

a_j92

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
nevermind im an idiot i didnt install the drivers

i have a new problem though...odin crashed in the middle of installing...do i reboot my phone and try again? my phone still shows the downloading screen and the progress bar is halfway

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ouch... I haven't seen that one yet. Can you reopen ODIN and try again without rebooting the phone? If not, I guess what you said would be my next move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred