How to get rid of S6 Edge (SM-G925F) bootloop?

jalle65

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday I decided I wanted to root my S6 Edge phone (SM-G925F, International Version) and flash a custom ROM onto it. I managed to root it successfully and install a working version of TWRP.

I began installing the XtreStoLite Custom ROM onto my S6 edge. Around the 10% mark of installation, my phone suddenly booted. I read online that I should boot back normally and install an app which reduces my CPU power or something like that, can't really remember. But when I tried to boot back normally, it was stuck in a boot loop with only the Samsung S6 Edge logo appearing.

During installing TWRP I bricked my phone a couple of times because I installed wrong versions of TWRP. I flashed a stock firmware a few times to get rid of the brick (a similar bootloop), which worked every time like a charm.So I figured that with this "Custom ROM bootloop", I can just flash the stock firmware, boot everything back and try again. But after flashing the previously so glamorously working stock FW, I was stuck in a bootloop way worse than before.

This time the phone starts, I get the S6 edge logo, I get a "installing software update" screen for about a millisecond and then a "no command" screen. After the latter, it repeats. Once repeated for - I don't know - a 1000 times, it boots into stock recovery.

I tried factory resetting, which only gets rid of "software update" and "no command" screens. The bootloop stays.

What do you suggest I do? Would downloading another version of stock firmware help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana