How to get work my Samsung Galaxy S 2 with my Mac?

Izabela07

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that my MacBook Pro with Mac OS X Lion does not see Samsung memory card at all when I cannot it via USB.
How I suppose to transfer my media from Mac to Samsung and the other way around?

Benocubes

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Try
Settings->Wireless&network->usb
Plug the usb cable.
Then press "connect"

Sent from my GT-i9100 - 2.3.5 stock rooted - using Tapatalk

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I've always found that I've had to have my Samsung Android phones set to USB Debug mode to get them to be seen by my MacBook Pro.

jptaz

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
None of these are right for me... On Android Gingerbread to connect to PC, do the following:
1. Connect USB phone to personal computer
2. On android: Settings --> Applications --> Development --> USB Debugging (check this)
3. Go to Settings --> Wireless networks --> USB utilities turn on mass storage

Best,
Justin

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting to know, since I just bought a GSII (at&t) and have a Macbook Pro, but I have Win7 running on a virtual system as well. Will that work fine? I mean can Android system in general be used on OS/X for whatever (connecting, updating, songs whatever)? Rather not have to load Win7 every time I connect the phone lol.

Planning on rooting it and custom rom so glad I saw this.

madhatter2426

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have an iMac and just set the SGS2 to mass storage mode to drag and drop songs etc works fine. However i also have a Win& running vis Virtual Box and Kies will not work as the Mac will not pass the connection to Kies. There is a Mac version of Kies out but currently does not support firmware update. However it supported all other functions of Kies.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to know if there are issues with Mac+SGS2. I'm going to be ordering an unlocked version tonight/tomorrow and only own Macbooks

JBGalaxy

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For media transfer in particular I use an application called DoubleTwist. It syncs your iTunes library with your SGS2 fairly painlessly.

As for Kies through a virtual machine, it depends on which virtual machine your use. I use VM Ware Fusion and after tweaking some settings was able to connect my SGS2 to Kies in the virtual machine.

JB

Muero

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
The only way I was ever able to transfer photos from my Samsung Galaxy S II to a MacBook Pro was through Bluetooth. I spent a long time changing USB modes and installing Kies, but I could never get USB to work. You could also try WiFi File Explorer or similar apps.

Sent from my HTC TITAN X310e

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
For syncing my GSII to my MacBook Pro I bought MissingSync. It's pretty stable now and allows syncing via Wifi or Bluetooth. WiFi is preferred when I'm syncing pics and 1080p video I've recorded. You can also sync via USB but I haven't played much with that.

mredfern79

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that my MacBook Pro with Mac OS X Lion does not see Samsung memory card at all when I cannot it via USB.
How I suppose to transfer my media from Mac to Samsung and the other way around?

I would suggest trying isyncr or doubletwist. Both are available from the market.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

AirBornOne

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Mac Kies sorta worked for moving picts. The playlist sync does not allow discrete selection-all or nothing baby!Plus it alphabetizes the songs in your playlist...how freekin windows can you get!!!!!!
And the 'store' is MIA at this point.
The SII USB thing is weird. Doesn't seem to work the same way twice.And is an example of why iPhones are so popular-Imean Crap! 3-4 menus,2-4 selections just to connect to a desktop! !@#$%ing ridiculus.
iSyncr seems to work fine for music.Free version limited to 20 songs at a time.
Doubletwist kinda twisted me up with the setup-I'll try again when I'm fresh/not frazzled.
I'm believing there will be a better way.
Jay.

mredfern79

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Mac Kies sorta worked for moving picts. The playlist sync does not allow discrete selection-all or nothing baby!Plus it alphabetizes the songs in your playlist...how freekin windows can you get!!!!!!
And the 'store' is MIA at this point.
The SII USB thing is weird. Doesn't seem to work the same way twice.And is an example of why iPhones are so popular-Imean Crap! 3-4 menus,2-4 selections just to connect to a desktop! !@#$%ing ridiculus.
iSyncr seems to work fine for music.Free version limited to 20 songs at a time.
Doubletwist kinda twisted me up with the setup-I'll try again when I'm fresh/not frazzled.
I'm believing there will be a better way.
Jay.

Isynr wifi is really painless and simple. it will happily sync all/any playlist from itunes and will bring accros any media type, podcast, movie, TV show, Book, Audiobook etc.

It will upload and pics and videos taken on your phone when syncing and can be set to sync at regular intervals. It will also upload any mp3 purchases made from Amazon mp3 store on your phone.
Play counts are also sync'd too.

I recently purchased Double twist Air Sync in the 10p give away from the android market.
This app has a great looking media player and wireless sync is straight forward to set up once the apps are installed on both the mac and phone.

I have gone back to iSyncr for to reasons....
1. Double Twist insists upon recoding all the video before uploading to the phone. Even if there is no need to recode. There are no controls over the recode quality and this takes too much time. I contacted double twist and there is no immediate plans to change or improve this. iSyncr wins hands down here.
2. Double twist doesn't support play count uploading back to itunes, iSyncr does.

If you have other types of files to sync the makers of isyncr do another app, cheetah sync (I think). I've never used it as I don;t have a need for it. It could be worth trying as I've very impressed with the ease of use and functionality of their other apps.

crispycritter1

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
USB has never worked right, double twist only works for music sending my photos over bluetooth takes eons. My sd card has proved unreliable so that option is out. This issue: transferring my photos to mac (snow Leopard) is ridiculously complicated with various software patches not working. I am dropping android and going back to the next iphone release due to this issue. This whole operating system war is ridiculous.

eichhoernchen

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
the bloototh connection shows up , but the Mac book quickly changes from connected to disconnected when I want to send fotos from the mobile phone to the Mac book . ... any idea what I could change ? "MUERO" sort of told about experiences that are pretty close to this .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej