[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

nici1970

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Odd issue with

Hello everyone. First congrats to Landshark on getting the title to what hes already been to all of us. Now onto my issue:
I did all the steps and odin'd(Thanks Landshark for making these packages odin available!) COMROM 1.3 wipe version without modem onto my phone.
baseband ed03
kernell 2.6.32.9
build number ed01
Wonderful job from all the developers!
Did all the wipes in CWM
Next I flashed Nitros Honeycomb V4.3(Awesome theme!!!)
At that point and even now everything is still running perfect.
Turned phone off to charge last night......booted up, went into app drawer and I noticed the icon for the MY FILES folder is no longer black but is now a simple folder..........still functions but just curious as to what may have caused that. Thanks in advance

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. First congrats to Landshark on getting the title to what hes already been to all of us. Now onto my issue:
I did all the steps and odin'd(Thanks Landshark for making these packages odin available!) COMROM 1.3 wipe version without modem onto my phone.
baseband ed03
kernell 2.6.32.9
build number ed01
Wonderful job from all the developers!
Did all the wipes in CWM
Next I flashed Nitros Honeycomb V4.3(Awesome theme!!!)
At that point and even now everything is still running perfect.
Turned phone off to charge last night......booted up, went into app drawer and I noticed the icon for the MY FILES folder is no longer black but is now a simple folder..........still functions but just curious as to what may have caused that. Thanks in advance

Does it look like this?
icon_myfiles.png

That is the icon from the MyFiles.apk..

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes thats it!!! Is there anyway to get the black folder back?

I believe that is the way that that icon is themed (MyFiles.apk) for nitro's Honeycomb V4.3...

You will have to replace the apk file with the black one from CommROM.. here is a link

You will have to download this file - copy to your sdcard.. then copy it to your system/app folder on the root of the phone.. it will replace the existing MyFile.apk file..

If that does not work then.. you either have to switch back to CommROM basic or kinda live with the way the icon is themed.

Reactions: nici1970

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
if you want to use the folder icon from ComRom on your homescreen, it is included in the KB icons on the OP...you could at least use it for the homescreen link...it won't change the app drawer icon..

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the tw otb 1.5 kernel and it installed cwm3 along with it and i had a few questions.

1. can i restore backups from cwm all 3/30?
2. is there any major difference besides edify scripting and wiping voltage settings in cwm?
3. If i wanted to go back to cwm all 3/30 could I just flash the zip or odin file and would the otb 1.5 kernel be unaffected?

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I"m running ED03.....what roms will work on my phone?

There is no real known difference between ED01 or ED03 that i know of. I'm sure that ComRom will work on it. Evil Fascinateion will probly work. And MiuiWiz, I'm not to sure, but i don't see why it wouldn't work since the difference between ED03 and ED01 arn't a lot

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the tw otb 1.5 kernel and it installed cwm3 along with it and i had a few questions.

2. is there any major difference besides edify scripting and wiping voltage settings in cwm?
3. If i wanted to go back to cwm all 3/30 could I just flash the zip or odin file and would the otb 1.5 kernel be unaffected?

1. No, you can only restore backups using the same cwm you used to create the backup
2. There are a few extras thrown into CWM 3.0 like the ability to power down the phone from CWM
3. You can flash the different versions of CWM in ODIN and the otb 1.5 kernel itself will be unaffected. The only thing that will be affected by using a different CWM other than the one that comes with OTB 1.5 will be the ability to enable or disable the 100 mhz step in voltage control.

Reactions: APeaceOfStrange

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

1. no you can't restore backups
2. not sure, I'm a little rusty on things on this site. havn't been on for awhile.
3. I"m sure the kernel would not be affected since it is already flashed on your phone.

Reactions: APeaceOfStrange

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

tiffanymarie89

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey this is my first time on here and I may be posting in the wrong place..so sorry! Anyways I have a fascinate with the new froyo 2.2, I deleted my lookout and installed z4root. it will run for about 30 sec then my phone vibrates and f/c. HELP :)

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey this is my first time on here and I may be posting in the wrong place..so sorry! Anyways I have a fascinate with the new froyo 2.2, I deleted my lookout and installed z4root. it will run for about 30 sec then my phone vibrates and f/c. HELP :)

Welcome to Android Central..

z4Root will not work on the fascinate - It will not root the phone. If you are looking to root the phone please check out this thread.. Link..

Sheepdog and several others collaborated on it.. It should get you what you need..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64