[HOW TO] Port a theme.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Great

Thanks that actually did it. I can only use the stock framework-res.apk as the one from Thunderom doesnt re-compile. I guess because it is already themed somewhat?
Upon my first reboot the phone was doing fine until i tried to add a shortcut to the main screen but it rebooted. it's working fine now and so I guess i'll wait and see if it happens again. Now to go through and change a few things. Thanks again for the help.

4e3kdQv
mXfj95k

gmap516

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the guide. After realizing I need WinRAR or a similar program to manipulate the APK files, I figured out how to mod the ThundeROM theme a bit to tweak it more to my liking.

96blkgsr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a version of colorChange.jar for the optimus. I tried the one I was using on my moment but I got a lot of FC on system apps after installing. Although it did change the text colors I was hoping for so maybe I made an error somewhere else. Just double checking before I make another go at it. Thanks

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a version of colorChange.jar for the optimus. I tried the one I was using on my moment but I got a lot of FC on system apps after installing. Although it did change the text colors I was hoping for so maybe I made an error somewhere else. Just double checking before I make another go at it. Thanks

I ended up doing that stuff manually, colorChange.jar always gives me errors.

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok… noob question here. When the instructions say “So what you need to do is find the .png files of signal and airplane mode of theme being ported”. Does that mean that you have to get ic_lock_airplane_mode_off.png, and ic_lock_airplane_mode.png? Also for the signal file am I looking for the separate bar files stat_sys_r_signal_0.png, stat_sys_r_signal_0_cdma.png (0-4), stat_sys_signal_0.png and stat_sys_signal_0_cdma.png (0-4), and stat_sys_signal_evdo_0.png (0-4). BTW I found these files in the framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi folder not framework-res/res/drawable-mdpi. Again I am sure I am asking a noob question but I am learning here… thnx.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok? noob question here. When the instructions say ?So what you need to do is find the .png files of signal and airplane mode of theme being ported?. Does that mean that you have to get ic_lock_airplane_mode_off.png, and ic_lock_airplane_mode.png? Also for the signal file am I looking for the separate bar files stat_sys_r_signal_0.png, stat_sys_r_signal_0_cdma.png (0-4), stat_sys_signal_0.png and stat_sys_signal_0_cdma.png (0-4), and stat_sys_signal_evdo_0.png (0-4). BTW I found these files in the framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi folder not framework-res/res/drawable-mdpi. Again I am sure I am asking a noob question but I am learning here? thnx.

Some themes are made for high res screens. That's why they were in hdpi. Those pngs need to be resized.

And you are right about the pngs you need to find.

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok… so I just need the signal pro file and airplane. No battery, vibrate, number key, bluetooth, GPS files etc etc etc???

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I prolly need all the files in the drawable-hdpi moved and renamed huh? Not just the ones with signal and airplane in them.

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am almost done with a honeycomb port. Waiting for nicks input on a few things. Might be up tonight...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
thats great cuz I am not getting any input on this one. great work man I cant wait to check it out! It's great to see Nick is getting some help on these things... he needed it.

steindog99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My Honeycomb port is done...thanks largely to a phonecall from Nick. However, my phone is dead, my kid is crying, and I'm too tired to try it tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll try it out and send it to Nick to post...

Reactions: theboyyousaw

apsterling

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so I got most of the way through but when it came to the lge-res framework I supposedly did it all right (placed the bars and renamed them along with airplane mode) but when flashing the theme the bars nor airplane mode work.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so I got most of the way through but when it came to the lge-res framework I supposedly did it all right (placed the bars and renamed them along with airplane mode) but when flashing the theme the bars nor airplane mode work.

Make sure you named them correctly and make sure lge-res made it into your update zip. Must be operator error.

apsterling

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It definitely did- I just ran it again and the same thing. Area where the bars/airplane would be is just blank.

EDIT: Scratch that, OS X added .png to the end of the filenames even though it didn't display it.

Last edited: