Question How to protect an app from pausing while I go to another or when the screensaver turns on, on my Motorola e7 Android10 ?

robert1701

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
One of my former smartphones was a Huawei and I could protect any app from pausing or stopping when I used another one or when the screensaver activated.
Now I use a Motorola e7 (build: QOMS30.288-52-23) with android version 10 and I cannot find the list of 'protected apps' which keep working in the background.
So now I have an app that needs to be in the front (on screen) and it also stops when the screen goes dark which is after maximum time of 30 minutes.
Can't apps be 'protected' in Android 10 or what?
This app needs to run continuously and it is not possible on my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be a limitation of the firmware. Some manufacturers are overly aggressive with killing apps in the background in an attempt to save battery. RAM might also be a limitation -- if you have the 2 GB RAM version, that's a pretty small amount of RAM for modern usage these days, and it might force the system to be more aggressive about killing an app.

Bring up the App Overview/Recent Apps and look at the app there. Is there a pin icon or something similar?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000