How to redeem Samsung $200 credit promotion?

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I received my S20 Ultra today on Sprint. However, I'm unable to find out where to apply for the $200 Samsung Credit promotion. I checked the "Shop Samsung" app but it wasn't there yet. I also checked Samsung.com and it wasn't there either.

Do anyone think that it's not available yet because the official release for the phone is Mach 6?

Attachments

• sprint promotion.PNG
    sprint promotion.PNG
    168.5 KB · Views: 48

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is likely the case. Or you will get an e-mail with the code if you purchased from them. But yeah, most promos in the past where they shipped early didn't go live until the official release date.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It says right there ships within 6 weeks of validation. Someone who has received this in the past can chime in if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing they will wait until after the return (buyers remorse) period. Otherwise what would stop someone from buying the phone, getting the buds+ and something else as a freebie, and then return the phone.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
My previous pre-orders I was able to register for the promotion immediately after receiving the phone via the Samsung Shop app.

I think what they mean by the 6 weeks, is thats how long it could take to receive the credit voucher after you register for it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's live... like @SwitchBoardDj mentioned, it started yesterday. My registration already got approved, but the code isn't in yet (not that I'm in a hurry... I'll wait for the red Buds+ to come out, in theory, later this month).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How long do you have before the credit expires. I'm thinking I might wait for the red too now.

I think the credit usually expires in 8 months? Might be 6. But anyway, Samsung site says it ships by the 20th on the red model, so might not need to wait that long.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just apply and get approved for the promotion. After that it says 6-8 weeks before you get the credit. Once you get the credit, I believe you can use it whenever.

So strange.. because I registered on the first day immediately when we could and that was March 4th at 11p.m.

It is now March 7th at 8:40am and it says my status is still "pending approval"

That is more than 48 hours as mentioned and still NOTHING 😑

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you make sure the receipt uploaded was valid and showed enough information to constitute proof of purchase? Also, depending on where you live, this might be processed by units that don't work over weekends, so that might delay things a tad. But fret not, as long as the purchase is valid, it'll go through. BUT if you feel like you MUST have your credit right now now now, you can always call the Support line or chat (although I'd suggest doing that during regular working hours in your region lest you be forwarded to an offshore rep that might not be as helpful).

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
My previous pre-orders I was able to register for the promotion immediately after receiving the phone via the Samsung Shop app.

I think what they mean by the 6 weeks, is thats how long it could take to receive the credit voucher after you register for it.

I've had Sprint and always registered withing limit and waited 4-6 weeks for item.
Never an issue

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
So strange.. because I registered on the first day immediately when we could and that was March 4th at 11p.m.

It is now March 7th at 8:40am and it says my status is still "pending approval"

That is more than 48 hours as mentioned and still NOTHING 😑

You will get it as long As you pre-ordered before the 5th of March.
Pending just remember they are verifying a ton of people. Hope this helps

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I received my S20 Ultra today on Sprint. However, I'm unable to find out where to apply for the $200 Samsung Credit promotion. I checked the "Shop Samsung" app but it wasn't there yet. I also checked Samsung.com and it wasn't there either.

Do anyone think that it's not available yet because the official release for the phone is Mach 6?

You might already have your answer by now but in case you don't did you check My Offers in the Shop Samsung app? The ability to register was delayed by a day or so but once Samsung got things squared away, it should be there under My Offers.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
You might already have your answer by now but in case you don't did you check My Offers in the Shop Samsung app? The ability to register was delayed by a day or so but once Samsung got things squared away, it should be there under My Offers.

On my unlocked Ultra, I had to actually download the Shop Samsung app from the Playstore to redeem the credit...I am pretty sure that app has always been pre-installed on all of my other Samsung phones....

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
On my unlocked Ultra, I had to actually download the Shop Samsung app from the Playstore to redeem the credit...I am pretty sure that app has always been pre-installed on all of my other Samsung phones....

I had to download it also on S20+. Very odd because there were other Samsung apps that came pre-installed. Glad you got it straightened out. I bought my phone at BB and my IMEI was not working in the Shop Samsung app so I had to email stuff to Samsung after contacting them. Got an email today it has been approved and according to the email, will receive my code within a week! Will have to wait and see.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You will get it as long As you pre-ordered before the 5th of March.
Pending just remember they are verifying a ton of people. Hope this helps

UPDATE**

I just got my code right now and it took exactly one week for all that don't have the approval yet. I ordered the buds+ and a charger! Good luck with everyone's code

Last edited:

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got my approval for the $150.00 USD credit for the S20+ through the Shop Samsung app. Ordered the Galaxy Buds and they are on their way.
Also got the e-mail showing the same thing.
So check the Shop Samsung app and/or your e-mail. Should start rolling in.

Mav. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais