[ how to ][root][GB] root the lg viper GB/ics

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's don't work...Tried it many time... but haven't got a root... and any another PC programs (Unlock Root and other) show "device is already root"... but I cann't delete system apps from autoloading with autostarts v.1.7.5. SU don't update too.
What do me with it? How I can to root viper?

If you're on ICS, don't even think about removing system apps if you don't want to brick.

amino_acid

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm on ics. And I don't want to remove system apps from phone... I want to delete system apps from autoloading use app autostats...In with time I do it by hand throught launcher and don't have brick...

amino_acid

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If I can stop service from "app settings" and delete cached process (and don't get brick), why can't I do that this process not appear there always??

ryanwinston27

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ how to ] root the lg viper

Does the OTA Rootkeeper keep root access with ZVK flash (LGFlashtool)? Just want to know before I flash it. AND... does SuperSU work with this phone?

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Does the OTA Rootkeeper keep root access with ZVK flash (LGFlashtool)? Just want to know before I flash it. AND... does SuperSU work with this phone?

OTA Root Keeper will only keep root if you take zvk ota (or as update.zip). LGFlashtool wipes everything, therefore wouldn't leave root. As I understand. SuperSU works well.

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

jczr22

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
i have been trying to root my phone for weeks now, and I have not found a method that works. I have tried everything I can find and nothing has worked. Am I missing something obvious? I either get "permission denied, are you root" or superoneclick just freezes and does nothing.

I have major issues with my phone that sprint claims is a known issue with this phone, and even the tech in the service store suggested I root it and install JB.

Stanley Parker

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
GB ROOTED ONLY HERE {*-* thx to uvstr36, we know that "voodoo ota root keeper" - search in play store - will work to keep root with ICS. *-* Note - must be rooted on GB for it to work.}

Here's a link to the ICS root thread for those interested.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=221448

FIRST: Go read my brick warning post, it explains a known method of bricking the viper and how to avoid it.

DISCLAIMER: If you dont know what root is I highly suggest you find out before you do this to your phone. Doing so WILL VOID your phones warranty. I am not responsible if you brick/destroy your phone. Please know what you are doing before you try this.

After 2 days of method after method I have succeeded in rooting the viper.

First) Make sure you have lgs universal drivers installed.

Second) Make sure you have .net framework 4.0 installed.

Third) Make sure you have superoneclick v2.3.3.0 installed.

Third) Download the rageagainstthecage-arm5 exploit.

Fourth) Go to where you installed superoneclick and place the exploit in the folder labeled "Exploits".

Fifth) Open superoneclick and on the upper right where it says exploits, change it to the rageagainstthecage exploit.

Sixth) Plug the phone into USB on charge only with USB debugging on.

Seventh) Click on "SHELL ROOT" first, it will hang but will gain shell root, close superoneclick when it hangs or freezes, next reopen superoneclick change to ratc, and click "ROOT". ( May or may not be needed try just clicking root 1st you'll save a step, my PC is dated. )

Eighth) Confirm that su was installed by opening the app drawer on your phone.

Ninth) Confirm the binary was installed by going to Superuser->"Menu Key"->Preferences-> then scroll down to where it says update binary, if it doesnt say vnull then you have the binary installed.

Tenth) Update the binary to its latest version 3.0.3.2

NOTES:

-For some reason busybox doesnt install, use busybox installer from market install 1.18.2

THX to Sebastian Kramer for the exploit.

UPDATE: Project Panda custom recovery is now released head over to it and flash it with instructions in op, THX to mynameisnigel.

NOPE, It's A No Go On LG Viper 4G LTE...

Iam backing up and going to try Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v26 And Iam sure it will work for the LG Viper 4G LTE, BRB ...!...

RESULTS SOON!

HERE'S WHAT WORKED FOR ME!!! >>===>
Download this: Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 (2).7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Extract it to somewhere you know how to locate it.

1.) Enable USB Debugging and Unknown sources
2.) Plug in phone select charge only
3.) Run command prompt as admin (start>run>cmd, right click)
4.) Navigate to where you extracted files
Ex: if it's in the C:\ drive in the folder Downloads type "c:" then "cd C:\Downloads"
5.) Make sure you navigated correctly by typing "dir" you should see the files
6.) Type "adb devices" to make sure your device is attached.
If your device was found move on, if not (BLANK LINE...) DO NOT CONTINUE you must install the proper drivers.
7.) Type "runme" IT'S THE rUNmE.BAT FILE TO root...!
Now the dos text should turn green and a file will start running, and you should have two, count them, two, options.
8.) Choose option 1 & hit enter
Now the dos text should turn green and a file will start running,
9.) Look on your phone and the Backup & Restore window should be open, press Restore
Now the program will run and it will reboot your phone several times, do not disconnect until it finishes.

When it's done...
You're rooted! Congratulations!

NOPE IAM NOT ROOTED, THIS DID NOT WORK EITHER...

DAMN IT ANYWAY STILL LOOKING FOR ROOT SOFTWARE...

... CheerZzZ...!!!...-=8^)-(^8-=+ ;):confused:

Last edited:

gvfc2

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
same ive done other ways to try to root on ICS on the LG-LS840zvk. tried bin4rys method a couple oneclick methods and still nothing. any news?

STANLEY DEAN PARKER

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ how to ][updated] root the lg viper

Remove certain google apps and your going to semi-brick your viper to a lg boot screen that says security error be warned, bloat ware stays on my viper from now on i learned the hard way...!...

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Ya, i wouldnt remove that bloat ware. I did the same thing. Nearly cried lol. Jk

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

scotti1111

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I understand that removing LG's built-in apps can cause the phone to "soft brick." Does this also apply to "freezing" the apps, using Titanium Backup Pro or similar? Thanks.