How to Transfer Photos from a Galaxy S6 to Mac OS X via USB

MissShey

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I got the app on my SGS6, AirDroid, Now I'm trying to follow directions for your 2) but when I go to airdroid.com it's not connecting!

Please help as I am just trying to get my pics to my Macbook Pro so that I can do a default reset on my SGS6 to try and fix some bugs.

JERE_MIAH

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the same frustrating issue with samsung galaxy S6 transferring media files to my mac book pro.

1. If you had downloaded KIES or SMART SWITCH, start deleting it off your applications.
2. Download Android File Transfer --> google search for it.
***It will not work if you have KIES or SMART SWITCH on your mac
3. Open up Android File Transfer and you're ready to do your thing!

It worked for me and I hope it will work for you too.
Samsung software makers should have been more brilliant and pack a smarter "Smart Switch". pfft.

Last edited:

bellemuse27

May 2, 2016
Visit site
do you need to download the airdrop program to the mac for it work as well? i can't seem to drop files from phone as it wants to look at the files in the computer rather than the phone. :/

TIA

Jeroen Thijssen

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your answers. You may be way too smart for me.
kathleen

Sorry to say nothing of the above works.
Airdroid has very limited amount of files that can be transferred.

Has been a problem for many years.
The only way i succeeded is to use micro SD card.
Which is fine if the phone has one, otherwise there is no way.

Very sad.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I had the same frustrating issue with samsung galaxy S6 transferring media files to my mac book pro.

1. If you had downloaded KIES or SMART SWITCH, start deleting it off your applications.
2. Download Android File Transfer --> google search for it.
***It will not work if you have KIES or SMART SWITCH on your mac
3. Open up Android File Transfer and you're ready to do your thing!

It worked for me and I hope it will work for you too.
Samsung software makers should have been more brilliant and pack a smarter "Smart Switch". pfft.
I have both AFT and Smart Switch. There's a wa rnijng but not necessary to remove.

The latest DMG of SS will not mount. Unknown file alert so keep your old download copy.

The Galaxy needs access, then asks for permission for filled types. And may need to check what USB protocol is set to use.

So for backup before system reset it wo tks very well. If you can get Smart Switch.