Question How To Use Find My to locate earphones

fatar760

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've spent quite some time trying to find information on if I can use Google's Find My Device app to help locate my missing bluetooth earbuds. Unfortunately, the only device that appears, both on the app and web version, is my Galaxy S10.

Is there a way I can find these earbuds using my S10?

They've been paired together plenty in the past (and so therefore are on my bluetooth list of devices), but will currently be switched off. I've tried using Find Me on my mac too (where they've also been previously paired), but this is only bringing up Apple devices.

Can Google's Find My Device app locate these earbuds, or is there a better app that I can use? (I've also tried wunder...and that was no good)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

fatar760

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
They're just standard bluetooth earbuds (soundPEATS). There's no tracking for them like with Airpods or Pixel buds, but I was hoping that, as it's a connected device, it would appear on the Find My Device on Google (or indeed Apple)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can't even detect galaxy buds 2 Pro if they are in the case... It will only give you the location that they were last connected. If they are out of the case you might be able to make them ring, but again that's dependent on the earbuds and their app.

Reactions: J Dubbs

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ah.

Before I return to crawling on my hands and knees using my phone as a torch - do you know if there's any other way I may me able to find them using my phone?
Even if you did have an app for them they both would need to be synced up to it, unfortunately I don't besides the old fashioned way like you mentioned.

Reactions: fatar760