[HOW-TO] Work-arounds for issues with stock Nook Color ROM

jon1371usmc

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Quote: 7. "If I don't want to use softkeys, can I remap the hardware buttons to do something different?

Yes. In Root Explorer, navigate to system/usr/keylayout, make a backup of TWL4030_Keypad.kl, then open the original with text editor and change the entry for key 115 ( volume up) and/or key 114 (volume down) with something like BACK, MENU, or SEARCH. Save the file. Reboot, and they'll be whatever you changed the entry to.

If you want easy volume controls after remapping these buttons, a market app called Volumer++ can be set to live in your notifications for easy access. Otherwise, you can change them from settings."

Can anyone tell me how to do what is highlighted in red. Or what about adding volumer++ to the quick settings? Thanks.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Quote: 7. "If I don't want to use softkeys, can I remap the hardware buttons to do something different?

Yes. In Root Explorer, navigate to system/usr/keylayout, make a backup of TWL4030_Keypad.kl, then open the original with text editor and change the entry for key 115 ( volume up) and/or key 114 (volume down) with something like BACK, MENU, or SEARCH. Save the file. Reboot, and they'll be whatever you changed the entry to.

If you want easy volume controls after remapping these buttons, a market app called Volumer++ can be set to live in your notifications for easy access. Otherwise, you can change them from settings."

Can anyone tell me how to do what is highlighted in red. Or what about adding volumer++ to the quick settings? Thanks.

Open Volumer++ app that you downloaded from the Market. Go into settings and uncheck 'hide status bar icon'. I also have the top three boxes in the settings checked. Then go down and select/de-select what display items you want displayed when you launch the app from the notification bar.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred