Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, Davie! We have a plethora of users here who have switched from iPhone to Android; who have switched from Android to iPhone; or who use both simultaneously! All are welcome here! Feel free to ask away and to surf our sub-forums!

What kind of phone are you thinking of getting? Are you looking to stick to the simplicity of iOS? If so, a phone like Google Pixel, OnePlus, or Motorola (Moto) would be great for you!

Keep us posted as to what you are looking for in a smartphone, and we will give you some suggestions! :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Iphone user here thinking of making the jump across, cant wait to get some much needed insight!

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully someone with both devices will jump in and help out better. I think what I would suggest is taking a set time, say 3 days and only use that phone.

I agree with @Morty2264 that the most easily compared devices would be the Pixel or Moto.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

I use and enjoy both. I have no difficulty in accommodating their various differences.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Iphone user here thinking of making the jump across, cant wait to get some much needed insight!
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
Best thing to do is use the phone you are interested in or a similar Android phone, so you can feel first hand what's in store for you.
And yes, a Pixel or Motorola phone will be kind of close to the experience.
I personally use Samsung and like them better, but I also had use iPhone before.
I feel free using Android, and restricted when using iOS, if that helps.

Sent From the TARDIS

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Hello and welcome.
I'm using iPhone and Android phone regularly, so I can share few details:
- What I miss the most in iPhone is the customizability available in Android. moving the icons in desired position, making the middle screen your default home screen - small things that matter.
- the basic functionality is almost the same - making phone calls, notifications/control center so you won't have problems getting used to Android
- the most important thing to check before making a switch is if all important apps that you use daily are available on Android. Few apps that I regularly use on Android were not available on iPhone, as well the quality of some was better on Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans