How's the Pixel A Buds?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
For those that got the free A-Series buds, how's your experience been w/your P6? Happy w/sound quality & features?

Mine are still wrapped. Trying to decide if I should sell or use them, either as my primary or back up buds. Thanks.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I like them a lot. Call quality is great, people say it's crystal clear on their end. And music sounds great to me.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm happy with them. I do alternate between my Samsung ones ...I was having a Bluetooth issue robotic action during calls ..I think it's a phone software issue which we shall see with this latest January update if it shows up..

Last edited:

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I use these in the house and blueparrott on road. They have gotten much better imo since the update. I have OG buds and these feel better and easier to use.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They do the job. I have other, more expensive ear buds that sound better, but I find myself coming back to the Pixel A Buds. People I talk to on the phone are able to hear me more clearly when I use them, and the assistant works well.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Love the buds, use them every day while walking the dog. Never had a drop out in music streaming from Youtube music, have taken limited calls with the buds but each one I did I had no issues with sound quality or the other person hearing me. I can't complain for free, these are easily the best earbuds I've used.

WafflesYeen

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
I've had mine about 2 weeks now and I love them. They definitely have a diff sound from my AirPods pro I used on my iPhone, but they are soooo much more comfortable and I don't get ear pain. Also not having those stupid stems hanging down like the AirPods I don't get the constant clacking against my ear gages.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My third set of bluetooth earphones/earbuds. Definitely the best pair I've ever owned. Fitment is excellent. I love the in-ear detection which automatically turns the buds on for use. Easy Google integration with Assistant and pairing with Pixel phones. Sound quality for music is just a bit short of excellent, but is very, very good. Sound quality on calls is excellent as reported by friends. I don't have any complaints about battery life; I use them about an hour a day maybe 3-4 days a week. I get through a whole week without recharge.

One thing though, I've noticed that every time I use the Pixel Buds A the bass slider control seems to reset to the neutral setting. I then need to open the app and adjust the bass back to my preferred setting. Can any one else confirm this happens to them as well?

Asfalloth

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My third set of bluetooth earphones/earbuds. Definitely the best pair I've ever owned. Fitment is excellent. I love the in-ear detection which automatically turns the buds on for use. Easy Google integration with Assistant and pairing with Pixel phones. Sound quality for music is just a bit short of excellent, but is very, very good. Sound quality on calls is excellent as reported by friends. I don't have any complaints about battery life; I use them about an hour a day maybe 3-4 days a week. I get through a whole week without recharge.

One thing though, I've noticed that every time I use the Pixel Buds A the bass slider control seems to reset to the neutral setting. I then need to open the app and adjust the bass back to my preferred setting. Can any one else confirm this happens to them as well?

This happens to me also everytime I have to tap on the bass slider to max then back to my setting.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Personally I love them. My first wireless buds were the Samsung Gear Icon X which hurt my ears if I wore them for any length of time, and had strange connection issues. So I went with the Pixel Buds 2, which looked more comfortable. Turns out they were MUCH more comfortable, but had there own strange connection issues. Replaced those with the Pixel Buds Series A, and they have been perfect. Comfortable enough to wear most of the day, and a fairly rock solid connection.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love them. I've used each pixel bud generation and prior to that I went through 3 sets of Samsung buds which all failed weeks into using to them.

Love the pixel buds.

Last edited:

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I have used all of these.
Pixel Buds A series - Best to pair with Pixel 6. Use mainly for phone calls
Sennheiser Momentum TW2 - Music Music Music (mind blowing sound)
One Plus Buds Pro - Best multipoint Bluetooth, Use between my work laptop & Pixel 6 pro to take calls/meetings while working.
Jabra 75t - okay multipoint Bluetooth. Stopped using after i got OP Buds Pro
Technics EZ40 - Multipoint but worst out of all, Returned on day#1 of use.
PXL_20220126_222452195.jpg

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just used mine for the first time last week. Music sounded good, esp once I found the equalizer. Was impressed I was able to use Google Assistant voice commands despite the snow blower running. All in all,I like them. My only negative is I don't like the way they set in my ear. Just don't feel real secure. And not the small part that has interchangeable sizes, but the larger part of it. Never had any similar so maybe that's not unique to these... dunno.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I actually don't mind it pretty well built and very comfortable. I really wish it had noise cancellation that would've been nice. I love the fact that's it has a strong magnet so buds don't fall off easily. Missing wireless charging but it's ok to plug in with USB c charges much faster. I have the Huawei buds pro (has everything awareness, noise cancellation, and good bass and mids) I really enjoy those as well my only complaint is when I wear my winter hat it falls off easily because it sticks out where the Google a series doesn't stick out at all.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I really wish it had noise cancellation that would've been nice.

I was given a pair of AirPods Pro. Yeah, I know. They sound good, not necessarily great. I disabled AAC. Well built, and there are 3rd party apps that show battery percentage and enable triggering Google Assistant, which is cool. But the ANC is excellent. No problem watching movies on a flight. I'll likely shop for something to push music sound quality to the next level, but it would be difficult going back to BT buds w/o ANC, and why I decided to sell the A series.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Past few weeks the buds have been cutting out on me. Random times in a phone call BT will transfer call back to handset no rhyme or reason. You will be talking and all of a sudden silence. Pick up phone and have to switch back to buds. It's odd since I used these on a 12 Pro and they worked perfectly on calls just no Siri.