HTC Back Up

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
HTC Back up is supposed to back up daily over wifi but it hasn't done it yet. I did one back up manually but that's it since then. Anyone else seen this?

Posted via Android Central App

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
HTC Back up is supposed to back up daily over wifi but it hasn't done it yet. I did one back up manually but that's it since then. Anyone else seen this?

Posted via Android Central App

I loved the thought of this, but then I read that it would turn off all of my Google syncing, so I bailed out on it. Like you, I did the manual backup, but then turned it off.

Back to your question, in the Power Saver, there is a setting to disconnect all of your network connections when asleep. If that is set to be on, I'm wondering if it's not backing up automatically because it thinks there is no wifi connection. (?) Just a thought.

Good luck resolving this.

Cheers.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I loved the thought of this, but then I read that it would turn off all of my Google syncing, so I bailed out on it. Like you, I did the manual backup, but then turned it off.

Back to your question, in the Power Saver, there is a setting to disconnect all of your network connections when asleep. If that is set to be on, I'm wondering if it's not backing up automatically because it thinks there is no wifi connection. (?) Just a thought.

Good luck resolving this.

Cheers.

What is the difference between Google and HTC's sync? HTC lists what it backs up in the play store, while Google's backup is very vague.

As for OP, my phone does it automatically every morning around 9 am as long as I'm on WiFI. I see it at work since my Dropbox shows me the files that are being added and updated.

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually just got notification that Backup failed. I went into the backup settings (I have it set to google/gmail). There is no option to manually "Back Up Now". What happened?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between Google and HTC's sync? HTC lists what it backs up in the play store, while Google's backup is very vague.

As for OP, my phone does it automatically every morning around 9 am as long as I'm on WiFI. I see it at work since my Dropbox shows me the files that are being added and updated.

I wish I knew the answer to that! The one thing that I love about having Google take care of it, is familiarity. I have dealt with them for about 18 months now and I know what to expect. This HTC Sync might be the best thing in the world; I just didn't like it saying that it would disable Google's syncing. I can't see why that was necessary. So what if I want it backed up to both places. Why doesn't HTC let me do that? That was my only real concern.

Time will tell, and I'm sure the good voices on this forum will start to say whether or not it's great or useless. :)

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've already used the HTC backup when I received my replacement phone. It worked great. The only thing it didn't backup was SMS videos and pictures which i didn't expect it to.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've already used the HTC backup when I received my replacement phone. It worked great. The only thing it didn't backup was SMS videos and pictures which i didn't expect it to.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I just picked up my new, black One. I'm about to give it a shot. If it works, great! If not, oh well, I know how to reinstall apps, right? ;)

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, a follow-up:

I was really impressed with the way it backed up my settings, homescreens, etc. I was so-so impressed with the apps. It left about 15 apps out, which I had to go into the app store and push back onto my phone. Not sure why it didn't resend those, but overall, it wasn't too bad. I might run with it for a few weeks and see if I notice anything else, good or bad. Hopefully, like life insurance, it's a product I'll not want to find out just how good it is!

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this up.
Any feedback on how good HTC Backup is and if it is better to use it than Google's backup?
Moreover, is there any way to transfer the content to another phone if something happens?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I tend to install a lot of ROMs for experimental purposes and HTC Backup NEVER automatically backed up anything. I chose to manually do it once, and unfortunately it did not backup my homescreen preferences, but just some settings like Wi-Fi password, bookmarks and a couple of other things as well as only half of the applications I had.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to install a lot of ROMs for experimental purposes and HTC Backup NEVER automatically backed up anything. I chose to manually do it once, and unfortunately it did not backup my homescreen preferences, but just some settings like Wi-Fi password, bookmarks and a couple of other things as well as only half of the applications I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo