HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??

rmdashrrootsplat

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Aha! I wonder if the noise-cancellation is affected by it being covered. I may just heat up a ten-penny nail and melt a hole right above the mic and see how that works. (With the phone removed from the case ofc :p)

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, lots of pics coming in this post. :)

DSC02296.jpg
DSC02298.jpg
DSC02297.jpg
DSC02300.jpg
DSC02301.jpg
DSC02302.jpg
DSC02303.jpg
DSC02304.jpg

Reactions: gant77

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
and finally for some comparison, here is it next to the case mate tough i was using before this defender.

DSC02311.jpg
DSC02313.jpg
DSC02312.jpg

If there are any other angles i missed that somone wants photographed just let me know. i just took and posted all the pics that i had wanted to see before buying the case.

Reactions: ki4cgs and xc8pe

3GOD

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey cobra. I am considering removing the clear plastic pieces that cover the flash and camera, and I noticed you have removed yours. Did you have any trouble popping them out of the case? Does it still fit the inspire snugly with those pieces removed? Thanks!

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey cobra. I am considering removing the clear plastic pieces that cover the flash and camera, and I noticed you have removed yours. Did you have any trouble popping them out of the case? Does it still fit the inspire snugly with those pieces removed? Thanks!

no it was really easy to remove the plastic, in fact i was kinda disappointed at how easy it was. just push in from the back with a pin or something and it should just pop out. there is a small strip of glue that may still be on the case, but it just peels right up. the fit is still very snug and secure as well.

Bluezero

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Question since you guys seem obsessed with cases. :) The Inspire is huge as it is, do you still keep the phone in your pocket with the case on? The case is just to avoid case scratches/dropping it?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
LOL, i am obsessed! i keep mine in either the clip or back pocket. i used to carry my droid x in my front pocket, but this phone with the defender is too big.

Wired4Speed

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing as BlueZero, with such a large phone already I am having issues using the device to type quickly with one hand. Does the defender case make a really bid differnece. The phone barely fits in the side of my carpenter pants as it is, i'm afraid I will loose the ability to place in the side pocket with the defender case, but I want to have something to fully protect the device. I wish a local store would have one in stock so I could check it out.

3GOD

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I could barely fit the naked inspire in my pocket on the side of my carpenter jeans. With even a little silicon/rubber case, it would no longer fit there. Now with the Defender on it, I have no hope of getting it in that pocket. However, it will still fit in my front pockets in the defender.

Also, I just decided to remove the plastic piece covering the "noise reduction mic" (assuming that's what it is) since I was paranoid that it might be affecting the call quality. I'm not really sure if it was or not! :D

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Well i got my case today and wow how nice is this? Love it i have had it (OTTERBOX CASES) on all my phones and well i always will..Dont forget its good for life so any problems they replace them.....FREE....

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
The only gripes I have about this case, is that it just barely fits. The top portion of the case will not clip on or stay secured as the bottom portion. Though its barely noticeable, it creates an issue with the plastic and the screen as there is air space between it and sometimes, I have to press down at the top to bring down my notifications menu down. Its annoying as all hell. Otterbox needs to get on the ball with getting this for the HTC Inspire.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am stuck between Otterbox Commuter/Defender or the Seidio Active-X/Rugged cases...

Any suggestions? I just want to make sure if it gets dropped (back or screen) that it wont mess up or break.

lmf1030

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My Otterbox Defender arrived today. No need to do any modification or nothing of the sort. Fits perfectly no snug no nothing.

I purchase the case off of Ebay from this seller iPadSimShop. His Otterbox Defender cases for the Inspire 4G fit like a glove.

And all to wonder what the little hole by the LED Flash on the back is just a unlock access to take that small plate around the led to get change them out to fix. Not a mic or noise cancellation mic.

They only mic you have is at the bottom of the phone where you have the headphone jack and mini usb plugs into.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If that hole is just to take a piece off, then why do all cases allow room for it? You wouldn't need to access it with the case on. Kinda like the hole for the sim tray on an iPhone, cases don't make room for it to show. That just doesn't sound right to me. I could be wrong, but I don't know.

Jets

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am stuck between Otterbox Commuter/Defender or the Seidio Active-X/Rugged cases...

Any suggestions? I just want to make sure if it gets dropped (back or screen) that it wont mess up or break.

I ordered a Seidio Active-X. Hopefully it will arrive today.

Jets

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The Seidio Active X and it is AWESOME. Fits great. Its like having a soft rubber case, but the skeleton that snaps over it keeps it from slipping off the edges when you pull it out of a snug pocket and makes it feel better in a pocket. Also looks real nice! I went with the dark blue, which is very dark almost black adds some contrast with the black rubber. Very cool.
I have a Skinomi screen protector. Thinking about going bare glass, I got one tiny spec of dust underneath..... I think Swype just feels better on the bare glass..

skylersmommy76

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for more Otterbox Commuter cases for the Inspire but in vain. All the links on Google are purple! Would Case-Mate tough be a good alternative?

I have been searching the internet up and down and sideways and cannot find the otterbox in Purple ...Could you please tell me where the purple ones are?

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got a otterbox defender case i'm looking to get rid for the inspire/ desire....its case only, no screen protector. Looking to get $20 for it, pm me if interested.