HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

I don't know if anyone already post somthing like this but after I send a text I lose signal and It takes a few ssecounds for me to get 3g back

Happens to me too.

IMO I think the signal detection algorithm is wacky. At my desk it goes from 0 to 6 to 0 to 3 to 6 bars all the time. And I don't think it's real because when I run speedtests it's the same decent speed no matter what, even at 0.

knicks5171#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Happens to me too.

IMO I think the signal detection algorithm is wacky. At my desk it goes from 0 to 6 to 0 to 3 to 6 bars all the time. And I don't think it's real because when I run speedtests it's the same decent speed no matter what, even at 0.

That's because text messages are sent using 1x and not 3G.

stanc52

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

talkbox app crash alot.......... when it crash my evo 3d phone all speaker dont work.
in coming call with no ringtone. cant listen to music/youtube/movie or video. none of those will work.
the quick fix that i use is dial a call rigth away. just go to phone and call any number. once the phone is dialing u can hang up and talkbox and everything will work again. no need to restart phone.

aleko

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

My EVO 3D gets stuck on "Obtaining IP address" when connecting to Wi-Fi. Does anybody else have this issue? I have tried to connect to several different networks with the same result. Yes, the passwords were correct.

My son's LG Optimus and other devices (e.g. laptops) can connect to these networks just fine.

At home, I have worked around the issue by setting my wireless router to the B-only mode (as opposed to b/g/n mode). But of course, I can't do this to the routers in other places, such as at work or gym.

Is my phone defective? Should I call Sprint and ask for a replacement?

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My EVO 3D gets stuck on "Obtaining IP address" when connecting to Wi-Fi. Does anybody else have this issue? I have tried to connect to several different networks with the same result. Yes, the passwords were correct.

My son's LG Optimus and other devices (e.g. laptops) can connect to these networks just fine.

At home, I have worked around the issue by setting my wireless router to the B-only mode (as opposed to b/g/n mode). But of course, I can't do this to the routers in other places, such as at work or gym.

Is my phone defective? Should I call Sprint and ask for a replacement?
Mine does this at work...I found that I have to either turn it back off and on, or tap the connection you want and press connect or even cancel...

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Just got Email Notification, Pulled Ring to Email Icon, Yahoo came up and all touch froze except the bottom four buttons. Had to restart, icons lost pictures, had to change the friggin' skin.

This thing has some serious bugs I hope they work out soon. I love the phone, but if I can't simply check my email without a reboot etc... this phones gonna be tough to keep.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I have always had that issue with the Evo 4G as well. Often it will bounce from 1 bar to 5 bars, then back to 1, then 5, then maybe 2 or 3, then 5, then 1, over and over again with no rhyme or reason. I find it hard to believe in a static location that the signal would be varying like that all the time.

GreenToxon

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

My EVO3D freezes when I am in the stock Music app and rotate it to landscape mode and then lock the phone, freezes, then restarts itself.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

Is anyone else's 2d-3d switch loose? Everything else in my phone is awesome but the 2d-3d switch is loose should I switch it out for a new one?

I just noticed today my switch is a little loose in the terms i hear it wiggle when i bump it. Not an issue but hopefully it doesn't get worse over time.

aleko

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Mine does this at work...I found that I have to either turn it back off and on, or tap the connection you want and press connect or even cancel...

Unfortunately, neither of these help in my situation.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Had screen graphic tearing this morning and app names are cut off

dubvbenz

May 20, 2011
Visit site

The green hornet forces me to search for an update it can never find (it already updated the first time) and eventually times out.

Swype appears to think I'm in mexico, despite being in DC (both voice and suggestions). Haven't delved further enough in yet.. Any idea on the green hornet thing? I'd like to check out the 3D.

blk_ex

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes when I choose a wallpaper i have to do it 2 to 3 times before it work. Anybody else having this problem?

xxkae

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

The power button is really sensitive. Whenever I'm viewing it from landscape mode, my hands always tap the power button.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

The green hornet forces me to search for an update it can never find (it already updated the first time) and eventually times out.

Swype appears to think I'm in mexico, despite being in DC (both voice and suggestions). Haven't delved further enough in yet.. Any idea on the green hornet thing? I'd like to check out the 3D.

Try to download update over WiFi.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Best solution is to get a case...it will "recess" the power button a lil so its not as easy to press...

Good idea. I use a TPU case, and the protection afforded the power button is perfect.

Evo Longoria

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Are there any negative affects to leaving the screen on while charging?
burn in, reducing the life of the screen, ect?

I've had my OG EVO on almost every night since I got it on EVO opening day--hell, it's on right now--and I've never had any screen trouble. Actually, I'm betting my 4G physically outlasts my 3D.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

The only problem that I'm experiencing with my 3D is that when I am connected to my bluetooth headset the person that I'm talking to says that they can hear their voice echoing. When I turn off my bluetooth the echo goes away and they say the call quality sounds very good. Anything I can do to eliminate this bluetooth echo? I'm using the same headset that I used on my Palm Pre and I never had this issue on that phone.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The only problem that I'm experiencing with my 3D is that when I am connected to my bluetooth headset the person that I'm talking to says that they can hear their voice echoing. When I turn off my bluetooth the echo goes away and they say the call quality sounds very good. Anything I can do to eliminate this bluetooth echo? I'm using the same headset that I used on my Palm Pre and I never had this issue on that phone.

So far I have not had that issue with my bluetooth stereo headphones.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc