HTC EVO Design 4G camera issues

techstupid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
When I open my camera, the white camera icon appears with a black screen behind it. It immediately closes and goes back to my home screen. When I try using my camera through another photo app, I get a message that says "The camera hardware is not responding. The camera driver may have crashed, and may need rebooted." How do I reboot the driver? I have restarted my phone, removed my battery, cleared the camera data, uninstalled all other photo related apps, hard reset... My camera still does the exact same thing. It did this once before about a month ago, but it was fixed by soft reset. What can I do?

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd return it. Sounds like faulty hardware, but that's just a guess. I'm not an expert or anything close so don't quote me on it. As long you never unlocked your bootloader at htcdev.com then it should still be covered by the manufacturers warranty.

Do you have Sprint or Boost? If you have Sprint, do you have insurance? In either case, you should be covered for a replacement.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

dpfaz59

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
My wife's camera quit working a little while after installing Vaulty. If you have some 3rd party camera apps installed, especially Vaulty which apparently encrypts or hides photos. try removing them.

bikdav

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask you a question. Do you have a third partycamera app - as dpfaz59 mentioned? If so, get it out of the phone and try things again. If the camera works you found and solved the problem. Third party software can be unpredictable.

lyrrad85z

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
When I open my camera, the white camera icon appears with a black screen behind it. It immediately closes and goes back to my home screen. When I try using my camera through another photo app, I get a message that says "The camera hardware is not responding. The camera driver may have crashed, and may need rebooted." How do I reboot the driver? I have restarted my phone, removed my battery, cleared the camera data, uninstalled all other photo related apps, hard reset... My camera still does the exact same thing. It did this once before about a month ago, but it was fixed by soft reset. What can I do?

at least your whole phone doesn't reboot when you try to take a picture.. jellybean...smh.

Mayank Kaushik

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
When I open my camera, the white camera icon appears with a black screen behind it.
i have to press home key to come out...
i try with another camera app but problem is same..
i have tried 1.Factory reset
2. hard rest
3. press camera less (not too hard)

My mobile is Rooted , so when i tried to update its software ; during installing a error comes and installing stop..
what should i do now ...guYs its really frustrating ...

i am not good at mobile knowledge .plz help me out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchyA