htc evo why no amoled?

vashx85

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Whats the deal with 65k colors? Is that the maximum amount of colors that can be displayed on a tft lcd? How many colors can be displayed on an amoled?

no the max is 262k colors which is actually what the iphone produces.
i dont understand why they would limit the display to 65k colors. I dont think that will look very good at all.

idk i guess it all depends tho, we shall see whats the phone is in stores. but any TN-lcd is limited to 18 bits at the very most.

Color depth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that will tell you about color depth. Twisted Nematic (TN) LCDs are limited to 18 bit color depth which is 262k colors, allthough some display drivers are only written for 16 bits of those 18 which gives you 65k colors.

TFT LCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also, TN panels represent colors using only 6 (6red +6green+6 blue=18) bits per color, instead of 8 (8red +8green +8blue), and thus are not able to display the 16.7 million color shades (24-bit truecolor) that are available from graphics cards. Instead, these panels display interpolated 24-bit color using a dithering method that combines adjacent pixels to simulate the desired shade.

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i dont know why people (tech blogs) are saying that the one thing that is not the best is the screen....i would rather have a screen that i can use with direct sunlight than a screen with slightly better look while in indoors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84