HTC M8 with no operating system (and can't get one on it !!)

nelly01

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys - Hoping for some help here.

I have an M8 which was rooted using the all in one toolkit. Somehow (yes it could have been user error) i have ended up with no OS at all - it was running 5.0.1

I can get to recovery as long as I unlock the bootloader, but when I lock it to get to TWRP recovery and try to run side loader the recovery will not start - the bootloader just restarts.

Unfortunately I am s-on ; but i am more than willing to go for a custom Rom or stock Rom (preferably stock but not worried as long as i get my M8 working again). I did manage once to get a sideload of a stock ROM running once but it gave an error (signatures I think?). The problem here is that i am not sure what RUU to go for as I bought the phone second hand, already unlocked and not sure what carrier ROM to download.

I have run getvar all and this is the output - i am really hoping for some suggestions as I have tried everything I can think of.

C:\androidstudio\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.25.214500021.06G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA48BWM04685
(bootloader) imei: **Removed**
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 3aa067db
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.110s

nelly01

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Johnny - i did get my ruu from there and also found a link which was the only way i got it to work - but hey at least it worked. In case anyone else has the same problem unfortuunately i cannot post links but just google the following - forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/guide-restore-european-htc-one-m8-to-t3072235

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod