HTC Nexus 8 built tablet. Do I have you attention now?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As the title implies do I have your attention now?

After ASUS taking a crack at the Nexus 7 original and Nexus 7 (2013) models and doing a fairly decent job (withstanding the various problems) are you ready to take on HTC's flavor of a new Nexus tablet?

I know as a HTC One (M7) owner I really like what HTC brings to the table and look forward to seeing what they can do with a Nexus device. Rumored is to be built using the NVIDIA Tegra chipset which I know will make many drool, especially those Tegra gamers.

Stay tuned as more develops in the days and weeks I'm sure...

HTC Nexus 8 ?€” codename 'Flounder' | Android Central

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I certainly am curious. I may not get one, but I am still interested in what the device will be like.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If it has the build quality of the M8, then I am getting one..
I want metal, top quality and I don't care about the price!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am really looking forward to this myself. I have had good success with my original Nexus 7 (2012) and can't wait to see what flavor HTC can spin on a Nexus tablet.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering what HTC will bring to a Nexus tablet.

If I recall correctly, one of HTC's previous tablets, the Flyer, had stylus support. It would be good to have a company other than Samsung implement a stylus on their products.

A metal tablet (similar in design to the One M8 phone) would be interesting. HTC could also implement a polycarbonate body if it wanted to invoke the feel of the older One X phone design in a tablet form factor.

The best feature on an HTC tablet would have to be front-facing speakers. HTC has no equal in that department. In fact, if there are no front-facing speakers, I would question Google decision to choose HTC in the first place.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
3 Words: Front Facing Speakers

EVERY tablet should have them. Any tablet that does not is ridiculous imo. This Flounder should have speakers of the same dna as the M7 and M8, and that is something to be excited about.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I would like to buy one since my 2012 Nexus 7 short battery life and long charging time is wearing me out charging it all the time. Don't want it if the case is metal since I won't buy anymore devices that doesn't have Qi charging ability. I would rather go buy the 2013 Nexus 7.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC has a difficult task ahead of them. Offering what the Nexus 7 packed for the low cost will require a lot of number crunching. And then there is the iPad Mini; another feature packed device.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
HTC has a difficult task ahead of them. Offering what the Nexus 7 packed for the low cost will require a lot of number crunching. And then there is the iPad Mini; another feature packed device.

Well, here are some price points from the competition (wifi only models):

$229.00 - Nexus 7 16 GB
$349.99 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 16 GB
$399.00 - iPad Mini with Retina Display 16 GB

If HTC makes a tablet with a bigger screen, I would expect it to be more expensive than a Nexus 7. So if HTC can shoot for a price that's above $230 but below $350, it can compete with Samsung and Apple.

Jeff Hanson

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait. My Nexus 5 makes my Nexus 7 (2012) seem painfully slow at times, would also prefer a slightly larger 8" screen this time.

Hopefully out by Sept and not vaporware for ages?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, here are some price points from the competition (wifi only models):

$229.00 - Nexus 7 16 GB
$349.99 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 16 GB
$399.00 - iPad Mini with Retina Display 16 GB

If HTC makes a tablet with a bigger screen, I would expect it to be more expensive than a Nexus 7. So if HTC can shoot for a price that's above $230 but below $350, it can compete with Samsung and Apple.

Well the screen will be bigger than the Nexus, but only an inch bigger, making it more physically similar to the iPad Mini. I'm a loyal Android OS guy and have never owned an iOS product in my life. I've played around with my dad's iOS tablet through Verizon, and it was okay. The iPhone is the iOS product I truly can't stand. But the Mini, although pricier, is probably the most feature-rich of them all and Apple threw an enormous battery in it. Those are my thoughts, and the recent tablet reviews I've read all seem to consistently place the Mini at #1 and the Nexus 7 at #2.

HTC is capable of making decent devices, but they've also produced absolute crap too, like the Rezound. I unfortunately bought into that phone and had a myriad of problems with it until it finally crapped out altogether about 6 months from the date of purchase. So I'm not excited that HTC is the manufacturer, but I'm not disappointed either because, as I said, HTC is quality capable, and I see no need to upgrade my Nexus 7 for many, many months.

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If all they do is make the HTC One M8 with an 8" screen, then I'll be throwing my money at them.

Hell, I'd even prefer HTC Sense 6 over stock Android. Find it a better UI. But yeah, the HTC One's build, design, screen and dual front facing speakers would make it probably the best tablet on the market.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I would love for it to have an active digitizer. I would also like the web browser not to register as a mobile device on websites and all the links on websites to work.

castano22

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Would be a sweet tablet to have. Hopefully they can have blinkfeed as an app to download for it and have front facing speakers like the BlackBerry Playbook has but more of an HTC flavor like the HTC One

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Although an HTC tablet intrigues me, I really want to see some Motorola Tablets. Similar to the Moto X, G & E line up, a premium, mid level & entry tablet tablet offering would be great from them.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love HTC devices! This will keep my interest alone. I might finally upgrade the N7 to one of these. Depending on its price point anyways. Go go HTC!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz