HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
does anyone knows if the "notify me" app drains battery?
i think that since i installed it my battery gets lower faster when the phone is off.
can anyone confirm this?
thanks.

update:
i uninstalled "notify me", took off almost all of my power draining services,
so no GPS, and even no wi-fi location services. nada.
and still i notice that when the phone is idle, it's still losing 1% every few minutes.
(i'm on wi-fi!).

please advice me what my next step should be?

something has definitely changed, cause it didn't do that 2 days ago.
average % loss when idle does not suppose to be more than 1% for an hour or so on wi-fi, no?
so something still happens while on deep sleep that drains it :mad:
appreciate any further steps to find out the cause of this.

UPDADE:
i installed wakelock and found out that the phone never being able to even go into deep sleep, so something's must be wrong..
i have to screen grabs from the wakelock app:

Screenshot_2013-11-20-14-34-28.png

Screenshot_2013-11-20-14-34-39.png

what else can i do to disable those unwanted continuing services?
i even disabled facebook cause i don't use it.
this aggressive battery draining has to stop! ;)

i understand this had come up in other forums due to some google service bug in the last few days.
i can only try to reboot the phone (disabling fast boot).

hope someone could help and shed some light onto this.

thanks!!

Last edited:

emirozmen

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Battery life improved drastically after I updated to Cyanogenmod 10.2 RC-1. I came from 10.2 M-1 and beforehand I was using stock sense. This is the best by far. Earlier I used to get 12-13h max with 2.5 hours screen on. This is incredible, so happy!!

Screenshot_2013-11-25-00-51-08_zpsc2626717.png

Screenshot_2013-11-25-00-51-22_zps30fef4fe.png

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
No, my battery has been good until today. I'm going to uninstall all the Go Development stuff I dl last night.

AND I found I had the developer switch on. Dunno if that was the culprit, but I turned it off. Hopefully that was the issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Where is the developer switch? Looked everywhere and can't find it.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this look right? I didn't think of used my phone all that heavy but the battery drained pretty quick. I do realize I've only had the phone since last Friday and some conditioning may still take place just seeing if I should be concerned at all.

Attachments

• 1386646701150.jpg
    1386646701150.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 89

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Things are looking up. Can't ask for much more than that I suppose. And that's not being on WiFi most of the day.

Attachments

• 1387173300732.jpg
    1387173300732.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 84

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Does this look right? I didn't think of used my phone all that heavy but the battery drained pretty quick. I do realize I've only had the phone since last Friday and some conditioning may still take place just seeing if I should be concerned at all.

This is normal. First month or so the battery life is awful. Don't worry it does improve. Advice, only sync what is absolutely necessary.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jlombardo23

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
When using GSam Battery Monitor, my screen % for being active during a 9 hour day is saying 3 hours 28 minutes, or 38% of the time. I find this to be pretty high. I am not getting the best battery life either. I have autobrightness on as well as the sleep time for 30 seconds. Any advice?

multiphoneuset

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone switching from a note 2 I would like to know how much a difference these two are. I know its not fair but just curious

I had a Note 2- using it for the same things, the Note 2 barely got me to late afternoon. The HTC One got me to early next morning. Settings were pretty much the same (email frequency check, number of apps...). I used a battery checker and it looked like there was a problem with exchange based email using up more battery life on the Note 2 (and the same with the S4) compared to the HTC one.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Below are my stats. I think the active screen time is a bit high. Can you please let me know your thoughts? Thanks!
Screenshot_2014-01-07-11-44-54.jpg

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I want to know this too because mine is currently at 67% phone radio and I been in a 4-6 bar area the whole time

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389124858001.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389124858001.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 72

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Is the Usage page supposed to be this uninformative?
I'm sure I use more stuff on this phone than what it says. And this day, I only accidentally opened Maps for about 2 seconds before closing it. I happened to have a look at my friends HTC One Mini today and saw his usage included a tonne of apps and "Android System" didn't take up anywhere near the majority. I understand our usage differs between us, but I'm a pretty heavy user of my phone, and everytime I check my Usage, it always says the same thing, sometimes with even less stuff.

Screenshot_2014-01-30-02-13-04.png

Overall though, I'm pretty happy with my battery life. I require 16hrs a day with 2hrs screen time if I'm not to worry about my battery, and I get that easily with this phone, without having to turn anything off unless I absolutely don't need it.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Is the Usage page supposed to be this uninformative?
I'm sure I use more stuff on this phone than what it says. And this day, I only accidentally opened Maps for about 2 seconds before closing it. I happened to have a look at my friends HTC One Mini today and saw his usage included a tonne of apps and "Android System" didn't take up anywhere near the majority. I understand our usage differs between us, but I'm a pretty heavy user of my phone, and everytime I check my Usage, it always says the same thing, sometimes with even less stuff.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/justo316/Screenshot_2014-01-30-02-13-04.png

Overall though, I'm pretty happy with my battery life. I require 16hrs a day with 2hrs screen time if I'm not to worry about my battery, and I get that easily with this phone, without having to turn anything off unless I absolutely don't need it.

I find the Sense power usage to be a lot less useful and accurate than the stock android power usage. If you want accurate, detailed info download GSAM battery moniter.

riche-rich

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Had my "one" about a year now and power saver a must, with mobile internet off completely or off when screen is asleep, then you get a full day of doing almost anything ,except watching YouTube and video constantly of course !

Posted via Android Central App

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My phone radio % has been heinous since the 4.3 update I did a few days ago. Any particular reason? I'm on Sprint with Android 4.3, unrooted, I'm usually on wifi for the majority of the day but today I tried being off it to see if something would change with the phone radio (don't know why I expected it to be different) and the percentage/time for the phone radio is still insane. I haven't used my phone much today. Didn't stream music. Just a few texts and tweets. Never even used my VM so I don't know why that's running. By the time I drive from home to work, I usually go from 100% to 97% or so, but today I was down to about 91 or 92%. By the time I leave work, I'm down to about 50% when before a couple weeks ago I'd around 65% with much heavier usage. Don't know what's happening. My brightness is on auto, I don't sync most things....any help would be appreciated.

androidgsam.jpg

androidgsam2.jpg

androidwakelock.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86