HTC One (M8) camera discussion

kateyabaker1982

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi i am pretty new to this phone and just tried to upload and print some pictures from walmart and it says that it is to llow to print a 5x7 or some of them even a 4x6 please tell me there is a way to fix this?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there no way to force the print, like a "Print Anyway" button? It's an unfortunate side effect of the low megapixel count on the camera.

You can artificially raise the pixel count in something like Photoshop. It won't look great but it will let you get around minimum MP counts.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Dario Vaccaro

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to know if the secondary camera works?
When I take a picture, it tells me that it is impossible to apply DUO effects , like 3D(Dimension Plus) and Ufocus.
pictures are without flash, in 16: 9, at a distance of 1-2 meters and without zoom.
I don't use cover.
I tried in provvisory mode and it don't work too.

Can you help me? I know that no one has ever had this problem

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
If you take the photo in automatic mode without flash, you should be able to use the Duo effects. A way to test if the secondary camera is working is to launch the camera app, let it focus on an item a few feet away, and put your finger in front of the secondary camera. You should get a message stating "Duo camera is blocked, please make sure all lenses are uncovered". If you do not get this message, then there may be an issue with the secondary camera or the software. If you DO get the message, and still cannot use the Duo effects, then you may have a processing software issue. Eithery way, you should call HTC support. Be forewarned that they may ask you to reset your phone, so back it up first.

Kissqt

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey, i am kind of struggling with this phone to take night picture, sometimes it's really good tho but most of the time it's a bit blurry and overlight ( i have never used my flash so far). I have searched a lots of thing, trying to get used to the different mod (HDR/ Portrait/Landscape) and the different settings as the ISO (i keep it at night at 1600 tho, so it may be a reason, need to do some more test but could use also one of your answer)
i haven't been to the options such as luminosity, contrast or sharpness not really sure how to use it

I can't really post link :s because it's a fresh new account (sorry for the 0 post guy who come to ask help :p can be annoying), so i will try to put the links to the image somehow (or via Mp ), aware that it's a bit hard to find out an issue with no photo & details but i don't want to spam up some topic just to be able to post link

Thanks for your answer

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You can install the AC Forums app on your phone. It'll let you attach a picture in your post that way so you don't have to upload elsewhere and wait until you hit a post count to link to it. I don't think attaching pics is an option on the main website.

From what you're describing, it sounds like it's the issue with the M8 over exposing direct lights. That's probably the biggest drawback of the camera, where taking a pic of a direct light source (like a lamp in the background) can cause the light to be blown out. Toying with manual mode settings can help a little but at the cost of lowering the quality of the rest of the pic. I haven't seen a good way to fully eliminate the problem and I'm thinking it's a hardware/optics issue.

Kissqt

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Well, i will find another way ( a bit cheating but it's not bad picture, so i think it willl be fine)

I know the issue comes from me and not the phone because basically, i made 2 pictures in different condition but with a close light condition, and here you get the result

puu.sh/hqaJB/88d079627d.jpg (good one)
puu.sh/hqaMe/69024ed285.jpg ( bad one)

and it's not about moving xD just in case

blastthedull

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: M8 Camera

It was a decent upgrade from HTC One X to M8. I remember that day when I got a delivery and tested everything out on the unboxing day. What is worth to notice that the phone's camera did get a bit blurry and the shots were getting worse and worse because of that. I took me a while to figure out what was causing the problem and apparently the solution was literally a shock. According to articles and reviews the HTC doesn't remove a residue on the front and back (both) cameras and it can easily be removed with a metal polish like brasso . For those, who don't have access to is, can use toothpaste and it's safe. I used it to clean the residue by taking a ear bud, a bit of water to mix with the toothpaste and cleaned it off completely. Now my shots are clear.

ThorntonGT

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: M8 Camera

Would there be much of a difference between the HTC One M8 and the HTC One M8S camera apart from perhaps being able to zoom in a little bit more ? I guess the camera software will be the same.

Frustrated M8 Owner

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm hoping someone can help.
I have a HTC One M8 which i must say is an excellent piece of kit, but my cameras playing up.
It's just on selfie mode upon launch and no option for the back camera is available.
I've read a few threads and tried everything but to no success.
Although the funny thing is that if I use the camera in my WhatsApp the camera launches in selfie mode however I can switch it to the main camera mode but the image is of very low quality and captured upside down.
Would this be a hardware issue?
Thanks in advance

Kbrn

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi I'm hoping someone can help.
I have a HTC One M8 which i must say is an excellent piece of kit, but my cameras playing up.
It's just on selfie mode upon launch and no option for the back camera is available.
I've read a few threads and tried everything but to no success.
Although the funny thing is that if I use the camera in my WhatsApp the camera launches in selfie mode however I can switch it to the main camera mode but the image is of very low quality and captured upside down.
Would this be a hardware issue?
Thanks in advance

Have you tried to clear cache and data of the camera app?
it may help, and then after doing so don't open the camera app, restart your phone let it settle for a minute then try

suzalbazyu

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Dear htc one m8 user. I want to inform you. If u want duo camera effect than just forgot and better to throw or sale. And i also warn do not buy htc one m8 to all guys who thinking about buynew mobile.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the M8. I don't think the camera is that bad. Good enough for posting pictures on any social media sites.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the M8. I don't think the camera is that bad. Good enough for posting pictures on any social media sites.

I just bought the 10 and, while the 10 has a more accurate and detailed camera, I still really love the character the M8's cam has and it just makes subjects sort of "pop" in a unique way and is ideal for social media type stuff. I also miss the duo-effects and editing features that the M8 has so I'm going to be keeping that phone around even though I have the 10 as my daily phone now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej