HTC One (M8) camera discussion

Mentor R

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Actually my phone is M8 Mini but there is no discussion for Mini so M8 and M8 Mini are similar so I thought maybe I can get help in this forum. I was a windows user who started using android in last 4-5 weeks.

I bought my phone a month ago in Kuwait. after 7 days I realized microphone was making noise and people couldn't hear me. I went back to the shop (called Alghanim) and they didn't replaced it, but they said under 1 year warranty you can fix it in their authorized service.

However, I sent it to them and after 2 weeks waiting finally they fixed it. They fixed the Mic, but another issue came up after I received the phone. The phone was not ringing in my pocket, only vibration.

I sent it back to the service again, and received it one day before I left Kuwait (it means that I didn't have time to go back to them cause I lost my job over there).

Now, the phone is ringing in my pocket. It looks like they resettled my phone cause all data and apps were deleted.

But, it looks like I will never gonna be satisfied with my phone after I sent it to these guys. Now, you need to press very hard the volume button cause it's not like the new phones have it to work (by pressing it lightly). And, the bottom front part of the phone (the plastic part where is the front camera and speakers) is going out after they opened the phone. I need to press it always in order to keep it in it's place.

My main problem now is camera. the first pic is made right after I bought my HTC and as you can see it was very clear. But after they reset my phone, the photos are blurry same as second picture.

Can anybody help me giving me advise of what I can do? I am no longer in Kuwait and not able to contact the seller or service shop who "fixed" my phone. I would highly appreciate it since I am new with android.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

cgisoul

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: M8 Camera

I was between G3 and M8, and this thread made me to come to the final conclusion that M8 is definitely not for me.
I always use my phone for photos and videos. I can finally scrap this one from my buy list. G3 it is.

RazorLeaf

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got the HTC One M8 today great phone except my camera sucks. My friend who got the HK edition camera is great but mine is overexposed and I can't adjust the flash. Any help would be great.

Have you set up any saved camera modes manually? Then you can use the respective mode based on the lighting you're taking the picture in. It's not as ideal and convenient as a competent automatic mode, but you'll get better pictures.

Chris Earl1

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Have you set up any saved camera modes manually? Then you can use the respective mode based on the lighting you're taking the picture in. It's not as ideal and convenient as a competent automatic mode, but you'll get better pictures.
This. Saving presets helps a ton. I absolutely love this phone and the pictures it takes.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Is there an area in the camera settings to change the default resolution of the photos the camera takes? I know the photos can be cropped, but I don't see an area to change resolution for the m8 camera. I don't really need the 2688x1520 (1-2mb) on every picture I take since the resolution of the screens I view on top out at 1920x1080.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there an area in the camera settings to change the default resolution of the photos the camera takes? I know the photos can be cropped, but I don't see an area to change resolution for the m8 camera. I don't really need the 2688x1520 (1-2mb) on every picture I take since the resolution of the screens I view on top out at 1920x1080.

I don't think it does on the stock camera, but I also have the Google Camera installed and this allows you to change the resolution if that helps

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
is the camera better on this phone compared to the htc m7? i was disappointed in the m7 camera and im getting an m8 so hopefully its better

HeidiKlum

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: To everyone who is bashing the M8 camera, I have a couple of points to make.

Hello!

Does the ufocus work with the front facing camera too?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: To everyone who is bashing the M8 camera, I have a couple of points to make.

Hello!

Does the ufocus work with the front facing camera too?

No, the u-focus options rely on the duo camera on the back for depth information. There's not one on the front to have the same options.

HeidiKlum

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Aww alright. I guess I'll have to make do. Or I can make the back camera face me and take selfies instead....but isn't there an app for blurring the pictures, anyways?
:confused:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I wish the front/selfie cam was better :( very blurry compare to the back cam imo

May sound obvious, but have you tried wiping it off? It can get oily or dusty like the rear camera, but easy to overlook. I think I did see a few people mention having the scratched coating issue on it in the other thread about the rear camera. Not many, and mine doesn't have that issue, but something to check for.

aLarlind

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

hi guys
As a new android user I can say the htc one m8 was worth the upgrade from my previous iphone
I'm not much a photographer type so having a camera with less mp is OK for me , but when I bought the phone 3 months ago I had the dual camera option and after the exposure event and after the update I just got the split capture option but not the dual camera option anymore, does this mean the option is gone with the update or am I missing it somewhere ?

Ashton Keily

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I personally think that camera is ok, its not excellent. But I will say it does do a good job. It does a good job in low light moments. I personally use the HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon Edition.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Big Biff

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody change the settings when shooting in different situations? I don't know how people can say low light photos are clear? I find they are awful. Any tips?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred