HTC ONE (M80) headphone jack problem

Laura Hulland

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I was googling mono in one speaker through aux and found this thread. I have a HTC ONE 18months old and was fine. Then suddenly only sound through one speaker on my car speakers. I don't listen to music through it so never noticed the headphones issue but today I happned to take a call and noticed the mono was on the call too and only sound in right ear. I think it's since the software update. No idea what to do about it so just going to have to manage. Good to know it's not the aux in my BMW as that would have bee expensive!!!

Damian Rawlings

Dec 24, 2018
Visit site
Re: HTCadphone jack problem

I have a follow up to this issue. I was still having problems with this even after doing the CDMA solution. I just chatted with an HTC support tech about the issue. He had me clear the phone cache and that seems to have cleared up the issue. Here are the steps he had me do:
  1. make sure fast boot is turned off (settings > power >)
  2. power off the phone
  3. hold volume-down and power at the same time
  4. when the menu comes up, use the volume buttons to select 'recovery', and select it with the power key
  5. it will reboot, when the red triangle appears, hold volume-up and press the power key once without releasing the volume up key
  6. when the next menu comes up, select wipe cache partition, select it with the power key
  7. when the process is complete, highlight 'reboot' and use power key to select it.
  8. the phone will reboot, and the headphone jack should work better
My volumes are better, although not entirely balanced. Seems like about 40% left/60% right. He had me try it in safe mode as well, but that did not seem to make it any better. The only other option was to do a complete factory reset, which I did not want to do. I'm ok with the 40/60 split.
Good luck!
-vb