HTC Sensation 4G Factory Car Dock (using TPU case)

AgTitan06

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought an HTC Thunderbolt car dock and modified it for use with the Sensation 4G. I use a TPU case, so I wanted to also be able to use the car dock without having to remove my TPU case. After about 30 minutes ith a dremel tool, I was able to make it work. It fits very snug, yet goes into the charging port with ease. I am very happy with it. It holds my Sensation great, has good swivel function, and automatically launches the car dock app. I will attach some photos showing what I did. Enjoy.

dislandguy

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
How does it automatically launch car home? Did u have to do anything to make that work?

I wonder when htc will stop putting the volume buttons on the same side as the charging port? Makes it let's functional with a dock. And can we get the home screen and dialer to switch to portrait mode please? Sorry, needed to rant

AgTitan06

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
How does it automatically launch car home? Did u have to do anything to make that work?

I wonder when htc will stop putting the volume buttons on the same side as the charging port? Makes it let's functional with a dock. And can we get the home screen and dialer to switch to portrait mode please? Sorry, needed to rant
It just knows I put it in a dock somehow. There is something in the dock itself that tells the phone "Hey, I'm in a dock, turn on car mode.. It's all automatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil