htc u11 vs S8 Plus?

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Thoughts? I have the S8 plus, but I really liked the HTC U11 when I had it for 2 weeks. I returned it because I knew I could buy one on Swappa for $100 less within a month. The S8 is great, but there is something I dont. Like about Samsung phones and I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, just comparing and contrasting .

Da_Katz_Pajamas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had both and I chose to get a u11 and sell my s8+. Mainly because of the inconsistencies with the Samsung. Also I like to have good speakers. I had a 10 and loved it. Would have kept it I'd it were more water resistant but I got the s8. It was cool but the whole curved screen is a pain in the *** for screen protectors. Also I don't like seeing glare on my screen all the time.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Kind of in the same boat here. I have both phones, but the HTC is in a box awaiting shipment back to HTC. Part of me doesn't want to send it back. I love the sound aspect and the fast fingerprint scanner. The camera was slightly better than the s8 plus. Ultimately I decided on the s8 because the u11 looks dated. Let's face it, it just does. And sense isn't exactly the freshest skin either.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Kind of in the same boat here. I have both phones, but the HTC is in a box awaiting shipment back to HTC. Part of me doesn't want to send it back. I love the sound aspect and the fast fingerprint scanner. The camera was slightly better than the s8 plus. Ultimately I decided on the s8 because the u11 looks dated. Let's face it, it just does. And sense isn't exactly the freshest skin either.
Are u using TouchWiz or another launcher like Nova?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova prime on all my devices.
Ok, finally someone I can ask this to... If u use a launcher why does it matter what sense looks like u only see it the short time before u cover it up...

I only ask bc I see ppl saying his sense need a new look bc it looks just like last year's HTC 10 but those same ppl follow up with I use Nova for all the functionality it offers. 🤷

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, finally someone I can ask this to... If u use a launcher why does it matter what sense looks like u only see it the short time before u cover it up...

I only ask bc I see ppl saying his sense need a new look bc it looks just like last year's HTC 10 but those same ppl follow up with I use Nova for all the functionality it offers. 🤷

Yessss. I use action launcher and enjoy everything on the phone. One of my favorite things about. HTC the last few years has been the minimalist approach. I truly believe they understand what Android is all about. Freedom to do what you want with *your* Android phone.

They barely take any storage(when compared to other oems) for the system. They've gotten rid of the bloat and duplicitous applications. So therefore, you're left with the maximum amount of internal storage possible to do what you want with your phone. They understand what I want in an Android phone(now that they've gotten the camera straight killing it two years in a row).

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I have both, and I'm currently putting the HTC through it's paces as my daily driver. I'm usually a fan of AMOLED screens but the U11 has one of the best looking LCDs I've seen. So far, my only issues with the S8+ is that the height makes it a little difficult to manage with one hand (I know about the option to shrink the screen, but still) and the battery is somewhat inconsistent. Some days it was the best battery I've used in a long time and other days it seemed like battery power was leaking out the back somewhere. Camera on U11 is good, and the battery life is stellar so far. I just installed the recent update and I'm hoping it doesn't screw with my battery life. The headphones that come with the U11 are, in my opinion, the best earbuds I've ever heard from a phone manufacturer.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought a U11 on Swappa in mint condition for $550 and it was delivered today. I am excited to start it up. I am going to hang on to the S8+ for a week just to make sure because there are some features I like about it.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay, wifi calling (VZW version), AMOLED and wireless charging. I can live without most of these, but Samsung Pay is the hardest to drop. Just got my U11 delivered so I am going to make it my daily for a few days before I sell the S8+.
Yeah only thing rivaling Samsung pay at the moment is LG pay and it isn't available in the USA...

Well u seem to like about the same amount on both phones so yeah it's just gonna boil down to which one you like better... Let us know which one u keep

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Pay, wifi calling (VZW version), AMOLED and wireless charging. I can live without most of these, but Samsung Pay is the hardest to drop. Just got my U11 delivered so I am going to make it my daily for a few days before I sell the S8+.

I don't own a samsung, but just for my info, whats the difference between Samsung pay and android pay?

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So, I was looking at an S8+ today in a store, and I have to say: I don't like the 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone just looks way too long to me.

I now some people think the U11 looks dated because the bezels are larger and the aspect ratio is 16:9, but I think I actually prefer it for that reason alone. Probably makes me an outlier...

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

When you use a third party launcher it doesn't cover up anything. The dialer still looks like it's from 2010, same with the contacts. Same with the notification panel, settings, etc. It's all the same. Nova can change the look of your app drawer. That's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord