HTC USB Tether - Internet Sharing

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, so can anyone get USB tether working (when you plug in the USB cable, the last of the 4 options is Internet Sharing). Does this work for anyone? Not working for me...sometimes an error comes on my screen that my powervision username/password is incorrect, but my data on my phone works fine.

Just to note, I am NOT talking about the mobile hotspot/wifi sharing feature.

tjwoo

May 31, 2010
Visit site
it seems that it was disabled. There is a thread over at androidforums where many users are noting the same issues including me. The 67 error.
PDAnet app still works flawlessly, so there's that route.

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm tethered right now via USB using the 4g available in Austin on my Evo:)

So yes, it works for me. I literally just plug it in, and Ubuntu's Network Manager shows it as a new device and it all Just Works (TM).

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, did that too. Can't seem to get it working.

supermario, have you done this on a Windows 7 machine yet?

Sorry, don't have any windows boxes to try it with. From what i've read, once you install the HTC Sync software, it should work just the same though.

For me on Ubuntu, I get an extra ethernet device that shows up as a wired ethernet device that is connected with an IP address. I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar on Windows though once that HTC sync driver is on.

dsw10482

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
on windows 7 right now tethering had to install htc sync, works great, before i found out i could do that i was using pdanet and that worked great

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here, Power Vision error. But PDANet Works flawlessly.

Question for the people that the HTC Tether is working, Is anyone on 3G that this is working for, without the hotspot fee.

willie_rjr

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
PdaNet and Easy Tether app do not work UNLESS u have the mobile hotspot included in your plan. If you dont then u will keep getting that error 67 message. This sucks!

dsw10482

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i have used both of them, and just the built in usb tether from htc and it has worked just fine, with that said i am on 4g, havent tried it with 3g

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sounds similar to the report that the mobile hotspot app will work for a little bit if you're in 4G coverage until Sprint patches up whatever with that. Tethering won't work in any way unless you're either paying the hotspot fee or you're in a 4G coverage area for now. Interesting that they've seemingly blocked Pdanet and other 3rd party tethering solutions, if I go by a couple posts here. Maybe they do have some kind of monitoring going on software wise.

Last edited:

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently posting this with internet provided through PDAnet on my Evo...so that's working well for me after installing the desktop client etc. But I do get the error with the stock one on the 4 level list when plugging your Evo to your computer. How do you install HTC Sync?

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't have mobile hotspot, and PDAnet is working fine via USB (using it now). $30/mo is outrageous just to enable the wifi connection. Built-in tether gave "error 67" or whatever.

tobor

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that PDANet does work--just remember that it requires client software to be installed on the PC. Just go to the PDANet website (June Fabrics PDA Technology Group) to download and read instructions (there's some stuff you have to do with USB debug settings on your phone).

Can somebody please post directions on how to USB tether using HTC Sync? THANKS!

Last edited:

edq

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got PDAnet to work. Had an issue where it wouldn't connect. I turned off Internet Sharing under Settings >>> Wireless&Networks. As soon as I did that, everything connected fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian