Htc Vivid Battery Issue

Sammy4887

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all I have recently bought a htc vivid phone its awsome in features but the battery is just horrible can you suggest any options. I have done minor changes such as changed the brightness and active sync etc. Should i root the phone or buy a extended battery!!!

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Please define horrible. Also lay out how you use the phone. What are the " significant drains" when you go to Settings > Power > Battery Use?

Kurt

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
@KurtTX it is truly horrible....I get 1hr 5min 'screen on time' with 3G radio on....its pathetic

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Comparing the two usage screens, it would seem that your Screen On time is chewing up power...you'll need to find ways to keep that off. I don't use my phone as a radio...presumably that's the 3G radio you're talking about...maybe that has a screen function that doesn't turn off. I noticed you have you a number of icons along the top row...I don't have anything. Not knowing what those represent, maybe something there is draining power. You could try eliminating them one at a time to see if you find one that makes a difference. Dunno...

I'm not on my phone very much...I'm not constantly looking at the phone for the time (I wear a watch). When I do turn the phone on for something, I put it back to sleep immediately rather than let it time out per my settings (45 seconds?). Beyond that, my phone is pretty much stock.

Kurt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582