I am getting full screen pop up ads on my kindle fire ever since i downloaded google play sevices

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So... I was trying to play a rise up A.P.K. game on my Kindle Fire. The app said it needed google play services so I went ahead and downloaded an A.P.K. of that. The app still did not work so I deleted the game and google play services. I also deleted all data of G.P.S. (google play services). Ever since I downloaded G.P.S. I have gotten full screen ads. I get them randomly no matter what I'm doing. I'm in the home screen POP, I'm reading a book POP, playing a game POP. They just wont stop. I'd include a screenshot but I'm typing this on a computer, but I can give a description:

It has a dark grey-ish blue background with white text, a title, some other words, and two white buttons at the bottom that say 'no thanks' and i think 'take me there' or something. I usually have to click the X at the top right corner to get rid of it.

When I'm playing Minecraft its like the game can sense the ad or something. The game starts lagging and goes to the pause menu when I haven't clicked the button. It keeps doing that repeatedly until I finally get an ad. I have no idea why this is happening.

I use a Kindle Fire HD 10. Thank you for any help you give me.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It is very unlikely that the ads are from or because of GPS. The app is more likely the culprit, but it may have also tricked you into downloading something fake if it directed you to the GPS APK. So it could have directed you to a malicious APK or been one its self in which case uninstalling the app and GPS won't matter because it's left what it needed to. Since the Kindles are connected to the Amazon App Store I would go there and get Ccleaner. It's a trusted app and may be able to help you identify the problem app. Another app that you might find is AirPush. I'm not sure if that one is still around but it saved me a few times back in the day. I also believe you can download the Play Store from Amazon, which will safer than getting it from someplace online.