I am really struggling with typing on the Pixel.... coming from 7Plus

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel and have an XL on order for delivery in Feb (ugh).

In the meanwhile.... using the gBoard, I am constantly hitting the spacebar or the caps lock. Additionally, when typing a password or a text item that doesnt invoke autocorrect, I am way off at times. This is compounded by erroneous spacebar and caps touches.

I have increased the keyboard to its maximum height and things have improved somewhat. I am hoping the XL helps things even more.

Anyone using a different keyboard for the same problem? How are the results?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And I have the exact same difficulties when one of our managers (I am an IT manager) asks me for help with his or her iPhone 7. I simply cannot type on those things.

It is all a matter of getting used to a new keyboard. If the size is off compared to what you are used to, try adjusting it: Settings -> Language & input -> Virtual keyboard -> Gboard -> Preferences. Try changing the Keyboard height, turn on/off the number row, etc.

If that doesn't do it for you, try a third-party keyboard such as Swiftkey; they often have additional configuration options that you may find helpful.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to use SwiftKey but now I use Google Keyboard. Once I got the size / layout just right the typing issues are gone. I have adjusted and can type just fine like my other devices :).

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I had issues hitting the period with iPhones before. I like how the Pixel keyboard bigger space bar. Just my own personal preference.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean OP, Ive been with android for a long time, minus a short stint with an iphone 5. Anytime I pick up an iphone and type is 99% correct no matter if its a 4 or a 6plus. Im not sure whats up with android, but I get frustrated using googles keyboard, Samsungs keyboard, all of them.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue until I selected tall, got rid of the number row, disabled key vibrate and enabled key sound

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Im coming from iphone 7 plus also.. using pixel xl for a week now. After gboard update i think it was improve or maybe im getting use to it.. but my typing is not as fast as when im using iphone..
If i have 1 thing that i really miss in my iphone.. thats the keyboard lol...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works