I am unable to change my security setting from pin to none

Prakhar verma

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
All the other options except pin , password and pattern are greyed.
Few weeks ago I installed kaspersky internet security on my phone. After uninstalling it yesterday my phone got secured with a pin (which was the password that the app asked me to set in case I had to uninstall it). Now I am unable to change the setting to none. I tried to clear the credentials but every time it shows disabled by device administrator, encryption policy, credential storage.
Please help me...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​, and see if there's anything checked there besides Android Device Manager.

Prakhar verma

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​, and see if there's anything checked there besides Android Device Manager.
Only android device manager is there. I checked for it in my apps on playstore but it was not installed . I installed it but nothing changed.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you encrypted your phone, you have to have some sort of unlock password or PIN. It won't let you choose "None" or "Swipe Only."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some phones are encrypted by default, like the Nexus 6P -- but I doubt that's the case with yours. Did you get it brand new or used? Is it associated with any work accounts (which may require the phone to have some kind of unlock PIN)?