I can't add a weather clock widget to the home screen?

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
ok, so i found my old HTC Desire 510 and decided to mess with it a little bit. So i did a factory reset everything works fine, but now for some reason i can't add a weather clock widget to the home screen or any other panel next to it. It's weird, some widgets can be added with no problem, while others (including the weather clock widget) can't. And yes, i have enough room on the home screen. So what happens is i drag the widget to the home screen (or any other panel) and it shows the "choose your location" screen, so i choose my city and it closes as if everything was done successfully, but there's still nothing on the home screen (the widget doesn't appear). Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you go to that homescreen that you thought you added the widget to and long-press the empty space, does it actually register the widget, as if you want to move it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to install a 3rd party launcher and test that?

What version of Android is the phone running?

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
1 tried restarting - no dice
2 android version is 4.4.3
3 installing 3rd party launchers defeats the purpose

I also noticed some weird connection between blink feed and what is going on on the home screen. For example, when i clear cache of the blink feed in settings/apps every widget and folder that was there initially get restored.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
1 tried restarting - no dice
2 android version is 4.4.3
3 installing 3rd party launchers defeats the purpose

I also noticed some weird connection between blink feed and what is going on on the home screen. For example, when i clear cache of the blink feed in settings/apps every widget and folder that was there initially get restored.
Ok go to settings >apps >locate your stock launcher on the list and tap it ,go to storage clear data,cache and force stop it

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
ok,

1 there's no stock launcher app in the apps (I looked), I believe its called HTC blink feed, at least it is responsible for the home screen
2 I deleted everything from the home screen, then i went to apps - HTC blink feed cleared cache and restored defaults (you can' force stop it), the default weather/clock widget (which btw i couldn't put on the home screen either) got restored but that's not the one i want. After that, I deleted it but still can't put any weather/clock widget on the home screen.
3 if there only was a way to set a different weather/clock widget (the one that i want) as default or do something else to get it working

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok,

1 there's no stock launcher app in the apps (I looked), I believe its called HTC blink feed, at least it is responsible for the home screen
2 I deleted everything from the home screen, then i went to apps - HTC blink feed cleared cache and restored defaults (you can' force stop it), the default weather/clock widget (which btw i couldn't put on the home screen either) got restored but that's not the one i want. After that, I deleted it but still can't put any weather/clock widget on the home screen.
3 if there only was a way to set a different weather/clock widget (the one that i want) as default or do something else to get it working
Look for htc sense , blink feed is to the left and not home screen launcher

joshkrupinsky

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
yeah, but since the widget was initially supposed to be in the phone and it came with android 4.1 or something before the update, 4.4.3 is an improvement and everything should work even better.
Moreover, i used to have HTC wildfire A3333 back in the day and every widget worked fine, i remember using this particular widget, that's why i want it..... it's weird anyway

i contacted HTC and they suggested trying it in the safe mode

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah, but since the widget was initially supposed to be in the phone and it came with android 4.1 or something before the update, 4.4.3 is an improvement and everything should work even better.
Moreover, i used to have HTC wildfire A3333 back in the day and every widget worked fine, i remember using this particular widget, that's why i want it..... it's weird anyway

i contacted HTC and they suggested trying it in the safe mode
4.1 to 4.4 I dont think will be much improvement , where you going get this update?

You can try safe mode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332