I can't install one specific app. Please help!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello people, hope you're having a good day/evening.

I'm starting a thread to get some help on my problem regarding the installation of an app. I was using this app when all of the sudden my device crashed and rebooted, then, after rebooting, this message showed up:

"uids on the system are inconsistent you need to wipe your data partition or your device"

So apparently, to solve this problem you need to get rid of one particular app that is causing the problem (the app I was using). After clicking the "I'm feeling lucky" button, the device automatically deleted the app and all of the other apps' data.

Long story short, I want to reinstall this app but the device is "blocking" me from doing it. I checked all the configs and everything seems fine.

Also, I want to add that the downloading works fine, It's just the installation that is being a problem.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
There is a gremlin in the basement somewhere as you're well aware, you should just perform a factory reset. That way you're off to a clean start instead of messing around for hours trying to figure this out, and potentially messing up more things and ultimately still needing to fully wipe.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think the $64,000 question is which app are you installing? I'd be concerned that it's something shady or malicious if it resulted in this outcome, so it might be best to stay away from it altogether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201