I could use some help with a ClockworkMod reboot loop error

cbbennin

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have searched through the forums here and on xm developer - but I cannot find the answer to my issue. I have a Google Nexus 10 that has been rooted and bootloader unlocked. I came home from work today and noticed a system update available. Silly me, not thinking, I allowed the update to start. All good for a minute, then the tablet rebooted and got stuck in a constant reboot loop while in ClockworkMod recovery. Basically, ClockworkMod is coming up with the following text showing at the bottom of the screen...I am unable to select any of the options in the console, and eventually after about 30 seconds the tablet reboots.

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.1.5
E:failed to find "cache" partition to mount at "/cache"
E:Can't mount /cahce/recovery/command
E:Can't find misc
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't find misc

Device info:
PRODUCT NAME: manta
VARIANT: wifi
H/W VERSION: 8
BOOTLOADER VERSION: MANTAJ12
CARRIER INFO: NONE
SERIAL NUMBER: R32CA******
LOCK STATE: UNLOCKED
REBOOT MODE FLAG: RECOVERY

I think it may have to do with the reboot mode flag, but I am not positive, and I cannot find anything showing me how to get this flag changed.

I have used adb successfully before - however, now adb is not recognizing my tablet in any fashion.

I have a backup on the tablet, but if I need to wipe and start fresh I am more than willing to do that - I cannot select wipe on the ClockworkMod screen though.

Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated!

**updated**

not sure what I was doing incorrectly for the last 12 hours, but I have gotten it reset back to factory 4.2.2...

Last edited:

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you can get to bootloader mode adb may work. Also; using the drivers from Wug's toolkit I got a Nexus 7 fixed that the pc would not see (except in a shell using adb). The Nexus 7 said it had no operating system loaded (long story).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno