I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 I got 2 weeks ago started having problems with the touch vibration. When ever I type or press the home button my phone does t vibrate very well. It was doing fine until yesterday. If you can help me it would be appreciated.

It vibrated fine if I receive a notification or someone calls me it's just with the touch vibration.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i recently bough a nexus 4.
i was curious about the CPU model of my nexus 4 from antutu benchmark device info

its CPU model is : Quad-core ARMv7 processor (VFPv4,NEON)

cores : 4

frequency : 384 - 1512 MHz

my question is
is it the Snapdragon S4 Pro?

please help. thanks
Yes it has the Snapdragon S4 Pro.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that native Android seems to be the only version of Android that cannot sync my Google contacts with my Facebook contacts??? Every HTC and Samsung phone I have used has always joined together matching contacts from these two accounts. I don't prefer Sense or TouchWiz to native Android but I find it extremely aggravating that this doesn't happen automatically in Android 4.3! Is there an easy way to get this to work without having to install an app? Thanks for any/all suggestions.

HONCHAI

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, after upgrading to 4.3 my nexus 4's battery doesn't last a day. Even leaving the phone idle disconnected from Wifi and data, it discharged 10% of my battery doing nothing. The point is that it does last long enough like before.

Do you think is the 4.3 OS the problem? Or do I have to replace the battery?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that native Android seems to be the only version of Android that cannot sync my Google contacts with my Facebook contacts??? Every HTC and Samsung phone I have used has always joined together matching contacts from these two accounts. I don't prefer Sense or TouchWiz to native Android but I find it extremely aggravating that this doesn't happen automatically in Android 4.3! Is there an easy way to get this to work without having to install an app? Thanks for any/all suggestions.

open people/contacts then select your settings then select accounts. Make sure your Facebook account is selected.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
open people/contacts then select your settings then select accounts. Make sure your Facebook account is selected.

The Facebook account is selected but the FB profile pics do not sync with the Google contacts. I went with a 3rd party app to solve the problem but I hate that this is the only option with vanilla Android. From what I read in other posts on this topic it seems that Google had a falling out with Facebook due to security controls with personal information and removed the ability to join these two account types together. Other Android skins, like Sens and TouchWiz, have implemented addition sync options that make this work without the need of a 3rd party app install.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook account is selected but the FB profile pics do not sync with the Google contacts. I went with a 3rd party app to solve the problem but I hate that this is the only option with vanilla Android. From what I read in other posts on this topic it seems that Google had a falling out with Facebook due to security controls with personal information and removed the ability to join these two account types together. Other Android skins, like Sens and TouchWiz, have implemented addition sync options that make this work without the need of a 3rd party app install.
Hmm. Not sure. Mine worked fine without any other apps. You also need to go into accounts and make sure it's added there.

nikken

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all . Have had my Nexus 4 since March and its great for photos except for one thing. When trying to take photos of bands on stage at an indoor concert all my photos come out blurred. Have tried all sorts of combinations to get a clear shot but nothing seems to work. I look at people next to me on their iphones taking great photos .What am I doing wrong? What settings would work ? What am I missing ? any help appreciated. Outside photos come out great its just indoors when i`m trying to zoom in on a bright stage in a dark area. Thanks

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all . Have had my Nexus 4 since March and its great for photos except for one thing. When trying to take photos of bands on stage at an indoor concert all my photos come out blurred. Have tried all sorts of combinations to get a clear shot but nothing seems to work. I look at people next to me on their iphones taking great photos .What am I doing wrong? What settings would work ? What am I missing ? any help appreciated. Outside photos come out great its just indoors when i`m trying to zoom in on a bright stage in a dark area. Thanks

It's that your phone is trying to eccount for the dark room by lengthening the exposure time, meaning any movement will blur the photo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

nikken

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Don`t have HDR enabled so its not that. The exposure time sounds more plausible but would rather have the solution than just a diagnosis. Ta

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm unlocked and rooted, and currently on 4.3. Will I get the OTA for 4.4, or do I need to unroot first?

Rooting does not affect your ability to receive OTAs, though if you want to keep root you need to enable the survive ota option in SuperSU.

Ajisaurus

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, newbie here, I just bought a nexus 4 couple of days ago and started to use Google Now, but why there are only limited cards? Navigation, sports team, stocks and everything else, where are the other cards? I saw on youtube there are many choices of cards, and I just received a kit kat upgrade notification and did an upgrade, where is the pedometer? is this normal or what? Please help me since I'm newbie even on android, thanks guys

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The cards will show up randomly depending on you use. The one you call pedometer will show up at the end/ beginning of the month with your walking total for the month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiamill111