I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You won't notice much besides maybe a bit of extra battery. Maybe that's just me.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux. Prepare for January 26.

VJ1

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded a few episodes of a certain tv shows, they show-up in the gallery just fine but then i attach the usb cable to copy those files on my computer, they just dont show-up.
Didn't have this problem before, the files are in there why cant i see them on my Windows XP desktop like i used to earlier?

Venkataraman AP

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi..
Recently I've received 4.4.2 update instead of 4.4.1. And am unable to install the 4.4.2 update, I get a 'error' while while updating.. What is the problem... !!

Posted via Android Central App

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi..
Recently I've received 4.4.2 update instead of 4.4.1. And am unable to install the 4.4.2 update, I get a 'error' while while updating.. What is the problem... !!

I had the same problem. Did you see the Android guy on his back then get the error? I had the error a few times. I was rooted so I restored stock and un rooted my phone which does a factory reset. I then received the update without an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I did not root but have done factory reset. But still the same problem... I get that 'error' while installing the update...

Are you downloading via wifi or data? I read that this can be a problem when only using data.

Rick Tayal

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, I am running kitkat 4.4.2 on my nexus 4, all the videos i see shows google now pop up if you swipe to the left most home screen and also a long press on the home screen opens up all the home screens. my phone wont do this. long press on my phone opens up the "choose wallpaper from" screen. and swiping to the left most home screen does not show me google now. is this a bug or have i messed up my setting? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, I am running kitkat 4.4.2 on my nexus 4, all the videos i see shows google now pop up if you swipe to the left most home screen and also a long press on the home screen opens up all the home screens. my phone wont do this. long press on my phone opens up the "choose wallpaper from" screen. and swiping to the left most home screen does not show me google now. is this a bug or have i messed up my setting? Any help much appreciated. Thanks
The swiping from the left feature is only a Nexus 5 feature. You need to download that from the play store for the Nexus 4.

To get the main Google Now you just hold down on the home button then swipe up when you see the Google circle icon.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
The swiping from the left feature is only a Nexus 5 feature. You need to download that from the play store for the Nexus 4.

To get the main Google Now you just hold down on the home button then swipe up when you see the Google circle icon.

It's not limited to the Nexus 5, its part of the Google Experience launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you are on your homescreen a lot, your battery will drain faster because of the always listening feature when on the homescreen

Elvisgordonbo Ng

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
hello,
I think I have a puzzle for you. #1: after 4.4.2, my boot up time is really slow. 1 min 15 sec for system items and 1 min 30 secs for applications. on ICS, the total time was much faster ~1.5min. #2: although the battery life is not the best, I now have attrocious battery life of ~3h with moderate use. the battery shows much of the use is from the screen followed by android systems (no installed apps seem to be taking up the battery and I have the brightness at lowest level). I would appreciate any help in the above 2 issues. thanks for the reply.
Stock N4, 4.4.1 with nova launcher

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
hello,
I think I have a puzzle for you. #1: after 4.4.2, my boot up time is really slow. 1 min 15 sec for system items and 1 min 30 secs for applications. on ICS, the total time was much faster ~1.5min. #2: although the battery life is not the best, I now have attrocious battery life of ~3h with moderate use. the battery shows much of the use is from the screen followed by android systems (no installed apps seem to be taking up the battery and I have the brightness at lowest level). I would appreciate any help in the above 2 issues. thanks for the reply.
Stock N4, 4.4.1 with nova launcher

1.5 mins == 1 min 30 seconds

Rikki52

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't send e-mails from my BT account on my Nexus 4. No problems receiving, and no problems sending in my gmail account. Any ideas? Thanks

lvsdance

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I am new to the Nexus (from Blackberry) how do I set up my music so that all Sounds come from there. All that is available are the "crappy" preset tones. I have figured out how to apply some of my music to contacts. But I want to use my music as the notification (alert) sounds for email, texting etc. Can you help ... please

Venkataraman AP

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Am not able to update my (nexus 4) to 4.4.2, every time I get an ota, I try updating and it ends with an error on the screen. Help me.. Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05